Senior Firmware Engineer
San Francisco Bay Area
You will be part of the embedded firmware team working on a variety of firmware projects in a fast paced startup environment. Product development activities include design and development, design reviews, product verification, and field validation along with coordinating with other engineering disciplines (QA,hardware,mobile, backend and customer).
You produce excellent, organized project records and documentation, and high-quality code. You are self-directed, and able to work within scope with minimum amount of supervision.
- Contribute to embedded software architecture
- Contribute to design, specification, and test plan reviews
- Develop unit tests and system verification tests
- Refine our toolchain and documentation
- Assist with production releases and deployments in a cross-functional team
- 3-5 years of experience using embedded processors such as ARM Cortex, Atmel AVR, FreeScale
- BS/MS in Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering, or another relevant technical degree
- Able to think critically and creatively to identify solutions to both engineering and customer problems
- Demonstrated commercial firmware development experience ideally involving an RTOS
- Demonstrated firmware architecture design thinking and ability to clearly communicate and document your designs
- Experience with embedded development tools, including open source cross-compile toolchains (eg: ARM GCC), debuggers, ICE, SWD/JTAG
- Experience with communication protocols and their implementations, including Bluetooth, BLE, USB, SPI, I2C
- Experience with version control especially Git
- Direct experience with network protocol stacks, including BLE, TCP/IP.
- Direct IoT product development experience involving OTA firmware updates
- Experience with ARM microcontrollers
- Experience with Design for Manufacturability, Design for Testability
- Experience developing proof of concept prototypes, including development board hardware and firmware
- Can identify electrical schematic errors to the hardware team