Physical Security Engineer
San Francisco Bay Area
Proxy is about pushing the boundaries of smartphones and radios to give every person on the planet their own unique signal for connected devices to tap into and do useful things for them. We are looking for our first Physical Security Engineer who will be responsible for the design and build of our onsite product testing lab, defining laboratory processes and ensuring our products are ready for client deployment.
Our Physical Security Engineer will work within our Deployments Team whilst collaborating other teams (such as Engineering, Product and Customer Support), in developing automated test systems and suites to develop, maintain and support automated testing of production hardware, prepping hardware for onsite client installations and performing analysis on field related hardware failures.
- Take full ownership of hardware and software preparation, and provisioning for large scale enterprise field installations in a physical security laboratory environment.
- Work with our clients and Deployment Team to perform appropriate provisioning and configurations for all hardware being installed on client sites.
- Perform root cause analysis on all hardware that is returned due to failure and work with relevant stakeholders to provide feedback and ensure quality of product.
- Perform full failure testing on all newly developed hardware prior to taking the product to market.
- Provide timely feedback on feature functionality, validity and product defects.
- Triage bugs submitted from users and other teammates, verifying issues and gathering additional details.
- Be a team player in a small, flat, highly collaborative environment, working closely with both product and engineering teams.
- Be willing to travel domestically and internationally to gain further operations on field operations and client requirements.
Skills & Expertise
- Bachelor in Electrical Engineering or related disciplines (preferred).
- 5+ years in access control systems, hardware, and/or related low voltage installations.
- Experience building and functioning in a physical security laboratory and/or sandbox environment.
- Expert in troubleshooting defective or failed physical security hardware.
- Experience in provisioning and programming physical security systems and newly automated systems.
- Enthusiasm for evaluating new services and technologies.
- Experience with testing products that integrate wireless communication technology such as BLE & WiFI.
- Knowledge of the specifics of iOS and Android.
- Knowledge of development cycle for mobile/web applications.