Lead iOS Engineer
San Francisco Bay Area
Proxy is about pushing the boundaries of smartphones and radios to give every person on the planet their own unique signal for connected devices to tap into and do useful things for them. We are looking for a hacker who is focused on enabling a fantastic user experience, but who does not hesitate to dive into the low-level stuff.
You will be responsible for leading the development of Proxy iOS applications, APIs and SDKs. You are expected to provide technical leadership and take on a project lead role on a variety of projects. You are self-directed and able to work within scope with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Lead iOS software architecture and development
- Write code and tooling: Swift, Xcode
- Help develop the Proxy BLE technology stack
- Build APIs and SDKs for customers and partners
- Develop and document release pipelines, deployment plans
- Develop unit tests and system integration tests
- Assist with production releases and deployments in a cross-functional team
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or another relevant technical degree
- Able to think critically and creatively to identify solutions to both engineering and customer problems
- 5 years of experience building modern iOS software
- Experience with communication protocols and their implementations, including low-level details of Bluetooth, HTTP
- Experience writing and shipping quality tested code.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage projects and teams for timely deployment
- Demonstrated architecture design thinking and ability to clearly communicate and document your designs
- Demonstrated ability to contribute as an individual contributor within a fast-paced team environment
- Direct consumer product development experience
- Deep experience with Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy stacks
- Experience designing, building or maintaining SDKs used by other developers
- Experience or interest in security and cryptography, hardware, and connected devices
What We're Building
We're on a mission to create a unique signal for every person on the planet.
In the process, we're creating a new industry around personalization and automation by building technologies that augment people and seamlessly represent their identity, preferences, context and physical presence to all things in the physical world.
We believe this vision is best achieved through iteration and progressive validation so our journey towards ubiquity begins at the door, by transforming the way you access the office every day - using just your Proxy.
Ultimately, we're on a path to build something people didn't know they wanted, but once experienced, will never want to live without -- and we are looking forward to working with those who share our same obsession to fundamentally change the way we experience the world around us.