Director of Customer Service
San Francisco Bay Area
Proxy is looking for a Director of Customer Service to join our SF-based team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is a customer-focused leader experienced at growing top performing teams and improving operational processes globally. The Director of Customer Service will be instrumental in planning and redesigning processes to improve the efficiency of the team, and act as a strategic advisor to the leadership team and contributing to broader operations goals of the Sales & CS organization.
Proxy is on a mission to create a unique signal for every person on the planet.
In the process, we're creating a new industry around personalization and automation by building technologies that augment people and seamlessly represent their identity, preferences, context and physical presence to all things in the physical world.
We believe this vision is best achieved through iteration and progressive validation so our journey towards ubiquity begins at the door, by transforming the way you access the office every day - using just your Proxy.
Ultimately, we're on a path to build something people didn't know they wanted, but once experienced, will never want to live without -- and we are looking forward to working with those who share our same obsession to fundamentally change the way we experience the world around us.
Areas you will Own
- Create customer support processes - routing, escalation, and support systems
- Configure Zendesk to handle/route/escalate tickets appropriately to team members
- Set plan for scaling the team regionally/globally according to defined milestones (i.e. when Proxy hits critical mass in the pipeline for a region, spin up a remote support site)
- Responsible for accurate and up-to-date information in the Knowledge Center
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of Customer Service Managers and Customer Experience Specialists
- Promote a customer-centric mindset across the company and align initiatives across teams
- Measure effectiveness of Customer Service and Experience programs through metrics and operational reviews
- Identify ways to optimize each step in the customer lifecycle and drive engagement
- Work closely with engineering and product to relay customer needs, pain points, and experiences to drive product strategy, roadmap, and prioritization
- You are metrics driven
- Possesses a high level of empathy and pay close attention to the needs of customers
- Organized and detail oriented
- Have an ability to organize, prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and deliver results in a fast-paced and quickly expanding environment with minimal supervision. Must have exceptional follow through
- Proven track record of self and team development, both in soft and technical skills
- BA/BS 5+ years customer service experience
- Experience with B2B SaaS and/or technology service
- Experience in hardware or consumer goods a plus
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience with Zendesk preferred