Enterprise SLED Account Executive
New York City
Welcome to Pryon, a place for people who want to define the state of the art: real AI (oxymoron intended), developed by real pioneers, solving real problems of consequence. Our company was built by some of the most well-known experts in the field, whose DNA lives on in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every other AI product on the market. But the best part of the story is still to come: We’re creating a world-class culture fueled by intellectual curiosity and radical technology — to reduce the distance between knowledge and people.
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
Pryon is seeking an Enterprise SLED Account Executive. This is an opportunity to drive a focused sales effort with state agencies, public sector, and higher education (SLED) within our channel partner ecosystem with Fortune 100 companies. Set your course and direction by leveraging your skill and experience in sales to complete sales cycles with our SLED teams in our Partner sales channel. A key to success in this position is nurturing and leveraging existing relationships to increase value and awareness of Pryon within our Partners' existing sales teams.
Pryon will give you an opportunity to learn from the experts on our team, who have decades of experience in AI/ML/NLP and have delivered some of the most popular products on the market today. Your goal will be to work with the partner’s sales team to help translate technology into value-based outcomes for partner clients and prospects that help continue their investment in the Pryon platform.
Candidates must have applications sales experience, including 3+ years selling into US Government at a State and Local level. Sales experience of products or tools preferably in the AI/ML software space and possess strong communication skills. Having technical acumen in AI/ML, Knowledge Management or NLP and consulting experience in knowledge management markets along with AI and ML principles and practices will be an advantage. This person will have proven abilities to work jointly with Solution Engineers and development teams enabling the next generation of efficiencies and products leveraging AI and Conversational Language Processing. A strong work ethic, hunter mentality, agility, and the ability to work under pressure are essential.
In This Role, You Will:
- Develop, maintain, and execute your territory sales plan with your partner contacts
- Create pipeline of new contacts within SLED business to help partner channel stakeholders execute and optimize sales leads within their customer base.
- Nurture leads through strategic relationship management including regular communication and cadence of meetings and business reviews with channel partner contacts
- Research and identify customer prospects and targets based on partner channel
- Create, send, track, and optimize email templates for prospecting and lead nurturing.
- Promote Pryon brand with Sales, Presales, Services and Delivery teams, establishing our position in partner ecosystem.
- Support ongoing enablement providing support toChannel partner sales reps regarding access and use of product information and sales assets (system/materials, etc)
- Collaborate with the extended team to drive adoption, customer success and feedback on future product enhancements.
- Achieve personal sales quota both for bookings and new logo acquisition.
- Develop and rigorously maintain sales forecasts across assigned accounts and lines of business.
- Maintain customer, opportunity, and forecast detail in the CRM system (SalesForce) as directed by Chief Revenue Officer
- Rapidly follow up and qualify all partner generated leads and provide assistance to partner contacts and customers who wish to engage and prove Pryon’s product value.
- Manage all steps in the channel sales process including qualification, demos, proposals, securing required contract paperwork and coordinating with the customer support team to drive ongoing success and adoption
- Consult and be a trusted advisor for existing and prospective clients specifically in NLP, chatbot or knowledge management while being a key mindful contributor to the sales and engineering team
- Synthesize sales strategy with Solution Engineering to set a strategic direction for each client and priority for Pryon.
- Successful management of the weekly progression of clients and prospects through Pryon’s known sales stages
- Create and meet weekly objectives and metrics around pipeline and forecast
- Manage and maximize time with an 85% or greater win rate
- Orchestrate a remote and matrixed Internal team of highly skilled solution engineers and developers to assist with opportunities considering the importance of the most probable opportunities.
- Orchestrate activities with many stake holders within a remote and matrixed partner sales organization
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales targets.
What You'll Need to Be Successful:
- 3+ years of documented success selling complex enterprise software to US Government at the State/Local Level and Higher Education (SLED)
- Confidence interacting with Government officials and higher-level execs, both in 1:1 and group settings
- Experience managing existing relationships with executive contacts in large complex organizations
- Experience with and understanding of AI and Machine Learning, Big Data, and/or analytics is a big plus
- Demonstrated success of managing executive contacts and presenting to executive stakeholders externally and internally
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning and organizational skills.
- Strong track record of quota achievement in a high-velocity selling environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Pre-existing knowledge, technical acumen in one or more of the following spaces:
- Comfortable working in a startup environment
- Travel to onsite sales meetings ~15%
-AI/ML products in a known discipline
-Knowledge management, enterprise search engines
-Chatbots, collaboration, IVRs
-Natural Language Processing (NLP), IRQA (Information Retrieval Question Answer)
$150,000 - $200,000 a year
Annual salary is only one component of overall compensation. Actual salaries are based on factors such as work experience and education and may vary from the specified range.
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.