Senior Software Engineer
Welcome to Pryon, a place for people who want to define the state of the art: real AI (oxymoron intended), developed by real pioneers, solving real problems of consequence. Our company was built by some of the most well-known experts in the field, whose DNA lives on in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every other AI product on the market. But the best part of the story is still to come: We’re creating a world-class culture fueled by intellectual curiosity and radical technology — to reduce the distance between knowledge and people.
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
We’re growing our team and adding a Senior Software Engineer to be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of highly complex loosely coupled software components and microservices integrated into a public cloud architecture.
This position requires a high-functioning person who can not only self-manage (within a structure) and coordinate directly with our research team, but who is also interested in learning new theories, concepts, principles, and methodologies and building convincing proposals that your ideas will help us achieve our ground-breaking ends.
In This Role, You Will
- Be a technical guide and a leader in designing & coding robust scalable, loosely coupled components and microservices that integrates with both public and private cloud infrastructure.
- Apply architecture and design principles consistently and holistically to enable target end-to-end usage scenarios.
- Maintain a strong focus on DevOps use-cases and workflows.
- Optimize internally for extensibility and enabling development teams to operate quickly.
- Work with SCRUM teams and Product Management to refine requirements, understand how we will meet the broader properties of the system, and help design efficient, flexible, highly scalable, and extensible services.
- Drive critical component design decisions across working teams.
- Work to drive decisions through a crisp decision-making process and framework.
- Analyze criteria and options and bring together necessary data to answer key questions.
- Meet with key partners, internal teams and 3rd party partners in joint design and development efforts while being able to articulate roadmap and product architecture.
What You'll Need to Be Successful
- Experience in development & deployment across multiple cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, VMWare and OpenStack.
- Good knowledge of microservices architecture & large-scale API design and development.
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as ECS, Kubernetes, Mesos and/or Swarm.
- Experience developing solutions using automation tools such as Ansible, Chief, Puppet, System Center.
- Experience developing automation for Terraform or infrastructure provisioning tools.
- Good knowledge and extensive experience with a broad set of ADC component technologies.
- Experience crafting complex product technologies and initiatives from concept through release.
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications.
- Regularly demonstrates collaboration by promoting others’ ideas, influencing others, and making teams successful.
- Recommends and maintains technical design methodologies, processes and standards.
- Participates on cross functional design teams to develop expertise in other modules/systems.
- Engages with Product Management to drive detailed product requirements.
- Excellent organizational agility and interpersonal skills throughout the organization.
- Database knowledge including Relational and NoSQL databases.
- Operating System knowledge of Linux, OS Processes, Threads, Scheduling, Synchronization, Memory Management, and Input/Output device management.
- Typically requires a minimum of 6 years of related experience.
- Coding experience in languages such as Java, Python, Golang, Node.js, and C/C++
- Experience in service mesh and microservice frameworks.
$150,000 - $190,000 a year
Actual cash compensation may vary depending on factors including, but not limited to, location and experience. The range listed is just one component of Pryon's compensation package.
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.