Business Development Representative
Welcome to Pryon, a place for people who want to define the state of the art: real AI (oxymoron intended), developed by real pioneers, solving real problems of consequence. Our company was built by some of the most well-known experts in the field, whose DNA lives on in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every other AI product on the market. But the best part of the story is still to come: We’re creating a world-class culture fueled by intellectual curiosity and radical technology — to reduce the distance between knowledge and people.
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
The Business Development Representative plays a key role in executing the company's expansion strategy. We are looking for a highly driven individual to join our team to develop new executive relationships, identify their unique challenges, and secure new opportunities. The role combines prospecting, consulting, strategic thinking and collaboration with Account Executives and Leadership to define targets and creatively and relentlessly pursue new connections into new opportunities. This is a rare opportunity to work with and learn how an early stage organization successfully goes to market from some of the strongest sales leadership in the SaaS startup world. This role will be onsite, working out of our office in Westport, CT.
In This Role, You Will:
- Report to the Sales Lead to grow our SaaS footprint within the North America marketplace.
- Prospect into strategic business accounts via research, cold call, email, and social strategies
- Drive sales growth and pipeline by setting up qualified meetings for Account Executives
- Maintain and organize an annual book of business within our CRM
- Be a subject matter expert and evangelist of the Pryon Platform and Applications suite
- Develop in-depth knowledge of target accounts to plan approach.
- Interface with key decision-makers and senior leaders to uncover pain points.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to clients and effectively articulate value.
- Produce creative strategies for targeting decision-makers at the prospect accounts in order to book sales appointments
What You'll Need to Be Successful
- 2+ years of experience in SaaS sales, business development, and/or strategic partnerships with Enterprise organizations.
- Must have a proven track record in SaaS/AI-related sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
- Highly motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make things happen.
- Communication: Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills with proficiency in PowerPoint.
- Creativity & Innovation: Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
$75,000 - $176,000 a year
Actual cash compensation may vary depending on factors including, but not limited to, location and experience. The range listed is just one component of Pryon's compensation package.
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.