New York City
Full Time /
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
Pryon is seeking a Research Scientist for our AI Research team. As a member of this team you will help us solve fundamental problems in machine learning, natural language understanding and human computer interaction with applicability to practical commercial use cases. You will also partner with the AI engineering team to transition mature technology to our production environment.
What You'll Need to Be Successful
- MaSc. or Ph.D. (preferred) in Computer Science, Data Science or related technical field, and 3+ years of relevant industrial / academic work experience (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of and drive research efforts
- Expertise in one or more of: Deep Learning, Deep Reinforcement Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, or Speech Recognition
- Experience with one or more of deep learning toolkits (PyTorch/HF preferred)
- Strong foundation in Computer Science with high competency in data structures, algorithms, and software design. Expertise in one or more of: Python, C++, or Java.
- Experience with practical applications in NLP, esp. with transformers/LLMs a plus. • Publications in top-tier conferences (NeurIPS, ICLR, ACL, EMNLP, CVPR etc.) a plus
- Experience working in cloud-based development environments such as AWS, Azure, or Google a plus. Experience with micro-service creation is a plus.
- Strong problem solving skills. Hands on, get-it-done attitude
- Team player with ability to work in a close-knit, fast-paced startup environment
$180,000 - $210,000 a year
Annual salary is only one component of overall compensation. Actual salaries are based on factors such as work experience and education and may vary from the specified range.
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.