Pre-Sales Engineer (Federal)
Welcome to Pryon, a place for people who want to define the state of the art: real AI (oxymoron intended), developed by real pioneers, solving real problems of consequence. Our company was built by some of the most well-known experts in the field, whose DNA lives on in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every other AI product on the market. But the best part of the story is still to come: We’re creating a world-class culture fueled by intellectual curiosity and radical technology — to reduce the distance between knowledge and people.
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
Pryon is seeking an experienced and talented Pre Sales Engineer who can work directly with salespeople to convince US Government agencies to take a leap: strategy, demonstrations, competitive positioning, and successful movement to evaluation/POC and into contracting and deployment phases of the sales cycle. The ideal candidate will be able to think creatively, manage their time effectively, support multiple salespeople, and build strong technical champions across many client opportunities in motion from the initial qualification phase to collaboration with the solutions team on a successful outcome. Candidates must possess good discovery skills, a natural ability to both coach and be coached in the sales motion, and strong organizational project planning skills to be in a position to lead the technical qualification, first client presentations, high quality demonstrations, and competitive pre-sales efforts.
Candidates must have experience selling AI/ML or NLP products in the Federal or US Government space. All candidates must have experience navigating federal government complexities including ATO and JAB processes, Selling through partners and primes, and security requirements (NIST, etc.) placed on either the people or product. All candidates must possess strong communication skills. Having technical acumen and experience in knowledge management markets along with AI and ML principles and practices will be an advantage. This person will have proven abilities to work jointly with Sales, Post-sales Solution Engineers, and Product and Development teams enabling the next generation of efficiencies and products leveraging AI and Natural Language Processing. A strong work ethic, hunter mentality, agility, and the ability to work under pressure are essential.
In This Role, You Will:
- Report to the Director of Presales Engineering to ensure the technical qualifications of every prospect and client use case fit within the Product capabilities and in conjunction with our Post-sales Solutions organization help scope and manage trials and hand-over to deployment.
- Build and manage domain-specific, impressive demonstrations that effectively drive interest in new clients and existing ones to broaden their usage of Pryon.
- Obtain technical proficiency in the product within the first 30 days focusing on mastery of the Pryon ideal customer profile, technical qualifications, and expectations of a properly prepared opportunity for solution management.
- Partner closely with Sales and Solutions Engineering to drive operational improvements and the attainment of revenue goals.
- Be a strong contributor to the principles and practices with team members, which include initial presentation methods, proof of concept framework, and value assessment for potential clients and prospects.
- Interact with customers and prospects to clearly define success criteria, best practices, and implementation strategies for an enterprise business problem in knowledge management, chatbot integration, and intelligent document processing.
- Define, document, use, and improve business and technical processes that are impacted by our Pryon product(s).
- Author Solutions, ROI, and case studies, inclusive of use cases, activity flow diagrams, and architecture for the client's current and future state.
- Build and evaluate business cases for prospective clients in order to support product investment decisions.
- Collaborate with engineering, data science, and other support teams such as user experience, QA, and documentation to create exceptional solutions.
- Work together with marketing, sales, professional services, and support to promote the delivery of product features through training initiatives, documentation efforts, and customer/analyst demonstrations.
What You'll Need to Be Successful
- Must have 5+ years of documented success selling complex enterprise software to the US Government, preferably including the IC & DOD
- Government-issued clearances are a strong plus
- Strong technical expertise including deep industry knowledge aligned with groups within the federal government
- Minimum 5 years of pre-sales experience creating demonstrations, presenting, and effectively working opportunities through the technical qualification process of the companies worked for.
- Comfortable working in a startup environment where processes can be organically created.
- Demonstrated success defining, documenting, refining, and in some cases redefining requirements for clients’ environments for the best possible outcome for Pryon.
- Experience writing logical, detailed, complete pilot scope and success criteria requirements and functional specifications.
- Strong understanding of FedRAMP, non-FedRAMP GovCloud, and on-prem deployment scenarios and an ability to position and drive solutions around each.
- Ability to translate strategy into tactical plans in both organizational and results-driven outcomes.
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong business acumen and quantitative and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Knowledgeable in technology, software architecture, and software-as-a-service (SaaS) delivery models.
- Outstanding team player with the ability to coordinate with people and activities across multiple functional areas.
$190,000 - $200,000 a year
Actual cash compensation may vary depending on factors including, but not limited to, location and experience. The range listed is just one component of Pryon's compensation package.
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.