Head of N. America Commercial Pre-Sales
San Francisco, CA
Welcome to Pryon, a place for people who want to define the state of the art: real AI (oxymoron intended), developed by real pioneers, solving real problems of consequence. Our company was built by some of the most well-known experts in the field, whose DNA lives on in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every other AI product on the market. But the best part of the story is still to come: We’re creating a world-class culture fueled by intellectual curiosity and radical technology — to reduce the distance between knowledge and people.
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
Pryon is seeking an experienced and talented Pre Sales Leader to lead the Presales Engineering function for Pryon. The ideal candidate will be able to think creatively, manage their time effectively, and keep client opportunities in motion from the initial qualification phase to collaboration with the solutions team on a successful outcome. Reporting to President & COO, you will ensure that the technical qualifications of every prospect and client use case have been vetted and approved by our Solutions organization to help prove and manage trials and deployment. You will be expected to work with the leaders and individuals of the Solutions Engineering teams to ensure quarterly OKR, and metrics that define success, and work with Ops to provide reporting to be reviewed weekly with the President to ensure execution and success.
In This Role, You Will:
- Responsible for pre-sales best practices and growing a team of managers and individual contributors.
- Build and manage domain-specific, impressive demonstrations that effectively drive interest in new clients as well as in existing ones to broaden their usage of Pryon.
- Obtain technical proficiency in the product within the first 30 days focusing on mastery of the Pryon ideal customer profile, technical qualifications, and expectations of a properly prepared opportunity for solution management.
- As a pre-sales leader, partner closely with Sales and Solutions Engineering leaders to drive operational improvements and the attainment of revenue goals.
- Optimize the Pryon engagement model, using primary SEs for account ownership and escalation of resources.
- Create and develop principles and practices with team members, which include initial presentation methods, proof of concept framework, value assessment for potential clients and prospects.
- Interact with customers and prospects to clearly define success criteria, best practices and implementation strategies for an enterprise business problem in knowledge management, chatbot integration and intelligent document processing.
- Synthesize Pryon’s client specific sales strategy and strategic client prioritization.
- Define, document and own business and technical processes that are impacted by our Pryon product(s).
- Assist and lead the ROI and case studies, inclusive of use cases, activity flow diagrams, and architecture for client current and future state.
- Build and evaluate business cases to prospective clients in order to support product investment decisions.
- Collaborate with engineering, data science, and other support teams such as user experience, QA, and documentation to create exceptional solutions.
- Work together with marketing, sales, professional services, and support to promote the delivery of product features through training initiatives, documentation efforts, and customer/analyst demonstrations.
What You'll Need to Be Successful:
- Minimum 8-12 years of pre-sales leadership experience along with prior individual contributions creating demonstrations, presenting, and effectively working opportunities through the technical qualification process of the companies worked for.
- Minimum 7-10 years of Experience in enterprise software and client settings where competing and communicating owning relationships and technology barriers with technical stakeholders as a manager or individual contributor.
- Comfortable working in a startup environment where processes can be organically created.
- Demonstrated success defining, documenting, refining, and in some cases redefining requirements for clients’ environments for the best possible outcome for Pryon.
- Experience in writing logical, detailed, and complete work product requirements and functional specifications.
- Ability to translate organizational strategy into tactical plans in both organizational and results-driven outcomes.
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong business acumen and quantitative and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Knowledgeable in technology, software architecture, and software as a service (SaaS) delivery models.
- Outstanding team player with the ability to coordinate people and activities across multiple functional areas.
$200,000 - $230,000 a year
Annual salary is only one component of overall compensation. Actual salaries are based on factors such as work experience and education and may vary from the specified range.
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.