Android Team /
We’re looking to hire an experienced Android Developer to join our team working on PSPDFKit for Android.
This position directly involves design, architecture and development of our PDF SDK for Android using technologies like Java, Kotlin, RxJava, and the Android NDK. We believe in hiring people who are eager to understand the root of the problem they’re working on and to find solid, long-term solutions.
This is a remote position, we're looking for someone located 6 hours +/- of the UTC timezone.
- Take responsibility for delivering new features and bug fixes from the design phase to launch as part of a small, driven team.
- Work on all layers of our products: internal API, customer-facing API and end-user facing UI, as well as documentation and marketing content.
- Make architectural choices that will affect hundreds of apps and millions of users.
- Write readable and well-documented code with meaningful tests so that we can ship new releases confidently and often.
- Support our customers in integrating our products, help them debug and fix issues, and collaborate with them to understand their requirements for our products.
- Manage your work by setting your own goals, prioritizing and executing them, and taking ownership of tasks and projects.
- Collaborate with the entire company (Mobile, Web, Core, Support, Design, Marketing, QA, and Sales) using Slack, Basecamp, GitHub, and Zoom.
The Candidate Should Ideally:
- Be familiar with the Android development tools (Android Studio, Gradle, NDK, Docker), Android framework and the ecosystem of third-party libraries (some of the libraries we use are AndroidX, RxJava, Robolectric, Material components, and the Kotlin standard lib).
- Have a willingness to learn cross-platform mobile frameworks (e.g., Flutter or React Native).
- Orient your work around the larger context of the business goals and the product’s customer.
- Have good communication skills and enjoy working with a passionate team, while understanding the challenges of working on a distributed team.
- Work independently and have a high sense of responsibility.
- Have a good command of English for writing documentation, communication with customers and occasional blog posts.
Please note that you can be a perfect fit even if not everything we’ve outlined above applies to you. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
- A remote-first focus that allows you to set up working hours that best fit your daily routine.
- A family-friendly work environment.
- Room for personal and professional development through the encouragement of learning and experimenting.
- The time to help you improve upon your personal goals (through regular 1on1s and mentoring).
- Post-COVID, two planned company events during the year (for example, in Croatia, Italy, Spain, Greece, and Vienna).
- Working with a motivated team that enables you to do your best.
- A generous vacation policy of five weeks, plus an additional allowance for conferences.
- A comprehensive onboarding process to get you up to speed.
An Application Should Include:
- A write-up explaining who you are as a programmer and why you are interested in and a fit for the position. We are especially interested in knowing how you started, what projects you have loved (or not loved) working on, what motivates you, and what surprising things you’ve learned since you began programming.
- A piece of code (it doesn’t have to be your own) that really amazes you, and an explanation as to why.
- If available, links to online profiles you use (e.g. GitHub, Twitter).
- A description of your work history (such as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose).
PSPDFKit’s Core Values:
- Be open to feedback and to changing your mind
- Search out and welcome different perspectives
- It’s always about people, our people and our customers
- Trust and be excellent to one another
- Explore, be creative, experiment and be willing to embrace the latest technology
- Aim to get things done the right way and care about quality
PSPDFKit is an international tech startup that develops and maintains industry-leading software frameworks and backend server products in the document viewing and processing space. Our customer base consists of startups, Fortune 500 companies, and every type of company in between from around the world. Find out more about us on our team page.
PSPDFKit is an equal opportunity employer with people from many different cultures and countries. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, skill sets, perspectives, as well as providing our employees with a work environment free of harassment.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other non-merit factor. We’d especially love to receive applications from individuals who are underrepresented in the tech industry.