Senior Technical Product Manager
Engineering Team /
PSPDFKit is an international tech startup that develops and maintains industry-leading software frameworks and backend server products in the document viewing and processing space. Our customer base consists of startups, Fortune 500 companies, and every type of company in between from around the world.
You'll join as the first product manager at PSPDFKit, working closely with the founders and in collaboration with our engineering, design, and marketing teams to help invent, shape, and ship critical parts of our current and future products.
As Product Manager You Will
- Do whatever it takes to keep the product teams shipping and successful
- Act as glue for the product teams
- Surface progress and status in all ongoing projects to the executive team and other team members responsible for them. Make sure the right people are involved at the right time.
- Ensure consistency in the product documentation artifacts (Proposals, Pitches, Kick-offs, Updates, etc) that we produce as part of the product work.
- Make sure everyone is on the same page about what we're doing and information is exchanged, updates are surfaced properly and the right people are involved.
- Participate in marketing, sales and product decisions and meetings to learn how we work and to surface issues and questions that might be missed.
- Point out situations where there's a lack of clarity or where there are misunderstandings. Help resolve those.
- Lead by example in best practices around asynchronous communication in a remote company.
- Collaborate with sales and support team for (both technical and non-technical) product definition
- Be in sales calls and discussions where you both learn about our customers and help the sales team answer product and technical questions
- Talk to customers (video or email) to make sure we understand their use cases ("What are you trying to do?"), document the results in a structured way, and while doing this help answer customer's questions ("Can the product do that?")
- Create and maintain information about our product and customer requests and structure processes around making decisions for the roadmap based on them
- Organize and collect information that's currently spread across a lot of places so product decisions can be taken effectively
- Create processes so we can take decisions in a repeatable way and so we can take retrospectives on the outcomes
- Help with setting up product metrics to inform decision making
What you'll need to be successful in this role
- Experience covering a wide “surface area” of tasks with pragmatic approaches
- A maker/entrepreneurial spirit and deep interest in helping our customers and the company succeed
- Be an independent thinker who can clearly explain your thinking in speech and writing; you seek to convince others, and can yourself be convinced
- Be excited at the prospect of being one of the first members of a product team at a fast-growing, bootstrapped and profitable business, with all of the attendant ambiguity and opportunity.
- Be self-organized and diligent
- A technical background will help you to understand the rationale behind decisions and what needs to be considered
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Passionate and thriving work culture
- International travel for company retreats
- Remote work and flexible working hours
- Ownership of work and tasks
PSPDFKit is an equal opportunity employer with people from many different cultures and countries. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, skill sets, perspectives, as well as providing our employees with a work environment free of harassment.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other non-merit factor. We’d especially love to receive applications from individuals who are underrepresented in the tech industry.