Senior Android Developer
Android Team /
We’re hiring a Senior Android Developer to join our team working on PSPDFKit for Android. We are building a modern PDF SDK with technologies like Java, Kotlin, RxJava, and the Android NDK.
- Take responsibility for delivering new features and bug fixes from the design phase to launch as part of a small, driven team.
- Work on all layers of our products: internal API, customer-facing API and end-user facing UI, as well as documentation and marketing content.
- Support our customers in integrating our products, help them debug and fix issues, and collaborate with them to understand their requirements for our products.
- Manage your work by setting your own goals, prioritizing and executing them, and taking ownership of tasks and projects.
- Collaborate with the entire company (iOS, Web, Windows, Core, Support, Design, Marketing, and Sales) using Slack, Basecamp, GitHub, and Zoom.
The Ideal Candidate Should:
- Be located somewhere that’s 6 hours +/- of the UTC timezone.
- Be familiar with the Android development tools (Android Studio, Gradle, NDK, Docker), Android framework and the ecosystem of third-party libraries (some of the libraries we use are AndroidX, RxJava, Robolectric, Material components, and the Kotlin standard lib).
- Have a breadth-first approach to software engineering and have experience with or strong willingness to learn other tech stacks (e.g. Web, iOS or multi-platform development with Flutter).
- Have a well-rounded approach to problem-solving and consider when to invest time and when to ship a quick fix.
- Orient your work around the larger context of the business goals and the product’s customer.
- Have good communication skills and enjoy working with a passionate team, while understanding the challenges of working on a distributed team.
- Work independently and have a high sense of responsibility.
- Have an excellent command of English for writing documentation and blog posts.
Please note that you can be a perfect fit even if not everything we’ve outlined above applies to you. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
- A remote-first focus that allows you to set up working hours that best fit your daily routine.
- A family-friendly work environment.
- Room for personal and professional development through the encouragement of learning and experimenting.
- The time to help you improve upon your personal goals (through regular 1on1s and mentoring).
- Post-COVID, two planned company events during the year (for example, in Croatia, Italy, Spain, Greece, and Vienna).
- Working with a motivated team that enables you to do your best.
- A generous vacation policy of five weeks, plus an additional allowance for conferences.
- A comprehensive onboarding process to get you up to speed.
An Application Should Include:
- A write-up explaining who you are as a programmer and why you are interested in and a fit for the position. We are especially interested in knowing how you started, what projects you have loved (or not loved) working on, what motivates you, and what surprising things you’ve learned since you began programming.
- A piece of code (it doesn’t have to be your own) that really amazes you, and an explanation as to why.
- Links to online profiles you use (e.g. GitHub, Twitter).
- A description of your work history (such as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose).
PSPDFKit helps companies and users increase productivity across the globe. With our robust PDF solutions, we ensure developers and end users have the highest quality tools available to do their best work. Trusted by industry leaders such as Disney, Dropbox, IBM, Lufthansa, and United Airlines, PSPDFKit is the go-to solution for integrating PDFs into your app. Find out more about us on our team page.