Data Science Engineer
pulseData builds adaptive machine learning engines for Hospitals and Healthcare companies, to identify patients at risk of costly medical outcome.
We provide insight to drive positive action, save medical costs and help eliminate preventable sickness.
We predict health.
We’re just getting started!
- Currently <10 amazing teammates, pre-Series-A
- We’re fluent in bioinformatics, quantitative trading, deep learning, language processing and model building.
- We are blessed with deeply passionate clients and seed investors (Homebrew, BloombergBeta, ChicagoVentures, Blue Seed, Red Dog Capital) that are partnering with us in making Healthcare data-driven
- We have revenue
- Team in NYC and Boston
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Top tier medical,dental and vision insurance
- Your custom, top of the line laptop.
- Unlimited coffee, nitro cold brew, kombucha, tea, beer, ice cream
- Wrangle large data sets from client health systems and manipulate them in Apache Spark / Python.
- Build and improve data pipelines for feature extraction, parallel processing, and testing
- Make reliable, adaptive, robust machine learning engines and algorithms
- Translate data insights clearly and simply to impact patient lives
- Be an adaptive and quick learner that is able to pick up a new technologies
We’ll ask you to demonstrate:
- A fluency in data science toolkits (Python, Spark, SQL)
- A love for exploring data, building quantitative models, and uncovering actionable insights
- 2+ years of industry experience in machine learning, data science, and software development
- Other additive skills: NLP, Deep Learning/A.I., Database Architecture.
You will be a foundational team member, so will have an outsized and lasting impact on our culture and future. You might love it here if:
- You’re inspired to use data science and machine learning to help get people healthy
- You’d rather do or learn what it takes to solve hard problems, rather than stick to a particular tech stack or stay within your specific role
- You want to be a committed part of a team - giving and asking for help
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are proactive in communicating expectations, roadblocks and milestones
- You aren't scared to admit when you don't know something and then go aggressively seek to learn it
- You can name people that would love to work with you again