pulseData uses health system data to build adaptive machine learning engines which identify patients at risk of poor health outcomes.
Our predictive insights enable clinicians to take positive action, saves medical costs, and eliminates preventable sickness.
As a member of pulseData you will be helping us build, deploy and monitor the infrastructure necessary to store, organize, transform and analyze the health care data for millions of patients. Because of our hardwork and dedicated effort toward customer service, we have deployed solutions in clinical practice.
- Pre-Series A (soon to be Series A) startup with team members with background in biomedical informatics, quantitative trading, machine learning, and language processing.
- We are blessed with deeply passionate clients and seed investors that are partnering with us in making healthcare data-driven.
- As a key team member, you will have an outsized and lasting impact on our culture and future.
- We are adding multiple healthcare clients, we are looking for additional talent.
- As a Clinical or Biomedical informaticist, you will be part of the clinical domain expert panel of the team.
- You will provide internal model validation using iterative medical chart reviews, generating insights, identifying data quality issues to equip our data science team with best clean data for deployment-ready models.
- Combine clinical domain knowledge + data skills to generate useful insights from data.
- Work with the data science and engineering team to solidify it into our code base.
- If you want to learn and contribute to advanced healthcare data analytics platform, pulseData is your team. We are looking for candidates who want to grow and thrive in this setting.
- Be able to make sense of medical and clinical terminology and context, be able to review medical charts as needed.
- Exposure to data-oriented programming skills (Python, R, and Apache Spark) and/or intense desire to learn.
- Understand data wrangling (SQL, Excel, R, pandas) and have track record of data experience.
- Effectively communicate clinical learning with the rest of the team, contribute features, and write code, be all-around fun and helpful.
- Clinical experience (MD/DO, NP, PA, RN, PharmD, lab tech, or biomedical data science and/or biomedical/clinical informatics training)
- Experience working with electronic health records (EHR), billing, payers/claims datasets.
- Experience in collaborative environment with version control software (Git)
- Working with general APIs (i.e. HL7 FHIR, REST, GraphQL)
- Text and language processing experience (RegEx, NLTK, gensim, cTAKES, spaCy, MetaMap)
- Understanding of data science and machine learning
- Experience with chronic disease management (i.e. care coordination experience, case manager for multidisciplinary clinics)
- Experience with medical coding systems and terminologies (ICD9/10, HCPC/CPT, RxNorm, ATC, LOINC)
- Experience with ontology/metathesaurus (Human Phenotype Ontology, UMLS)
- Flair for data visualization and experience with visualization libraries (i.e. ggplot, matplotlib, D3.js) for data analytics and communication
- Team in NYC and Boston
- Generous PTO
- Top tier medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Gym discount and team perks
- Your custom workstation (choose whatever rig you need)
- Unlimited coffee, tea, beer
- Weekly team lunch