Full Stack Software Engineer
pulseData is working to transform kidney care. We work with value-based organizations and their care teams to provide an intelligent data platform to help deliver precise care at less cost.
Our mission is to deliver proactive, precise care to every chronic disease sufferer, eliminating preventable sickness. Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) is a substantially under-diagnosed condition that affects 37 million people in the US. Clinical and care management teams use our platform to identify the most at-risk individuals and coordinate their care needs to eliminate adverse events and deliver better clinical outcomes at a lower cost.
Our clients are health care enterprises: kidney clinics and nephrology practices, large health systems, managed care, and health insurance companies. Together we use data science to deliver more human care.
- An integrated tech community with diverse backgrounds and talents in medicine, biomedical informatics, quantitative investment, machine learning, and language processing.
- We are a communal and integrated tech team so we can learn from each other and deliver technology seamlessly that solves multifaceted problems.
- Freedom to use your resourcefulness, ingenuity to solve meaningful problems without red tape.
- We are Series A funded and blessed with deeply passionate clients and seed investors that are partnering with us in making healthcare data-driven.
- Remote work friendly
- Top tier medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Gym discount, commute perk, 401k
- We are adding multiple healthcare clients, and therefore looking for additional talent who are sensitive to client needs and can bring alive a suite of systems to improve the care efficiency of CKD patients.
- Help with data processing, analytics, and quality user experience to support kidney care.
- Design and build multithreaded, distributed, performant applications and platforms that process complex data in real-time to provide better care to patients.
- Utilize exciting open source technologies to design and develop secure and scalable products.
- Build pipelines for data ingestion, processing, storage, and access.
- Maintain required infrastructure (VM's, containers, cluster management tools, networking) to automate deployment pipeline.
- Excitement to have real ML systems deployed that really make a difference in people's lives.
- Commitment and support with seamless delivery of scalable applications from design to patient care.
- 1+ years experience or a degree in computer science / software engineering
- A dependable, cooperative and responsible person who can collaborate well in a team environment.
- Independent, proactive, and can enjoy the process of creating order from uncertainty.
- Experience implementing web service technologies with HTTP, JSON, REST.
- Experience with databases: Postgres, Mongo, SQL, NoSQL.
- Experience in a cloud environment i.e. AWS, Azure, GCE, Kubernetes.
- Other value-add skills: Database architecture, Apache Spark.
- Excitement to be a part of our growth story beyond Series A.
- While pulseData is based in New York, the location of this position is flexible. If the candidate is based remotely it will be expected that they travel to New York at least once a month once conditions are safe for business travel to resume.