Director of Medical Economics
pulseData is working to transform kidney care. We work with value-based organizations and their care teams to provide an intelligent data platform to help deliver precise care at less cost.
Our mission is to deliver proactive, precise care to every chronic disease sufferer, eliminating preventable sickness. Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) is a substantially under-diagnosed condition that affects 37 million people in the US. Clinical and care management teams use our platform to identify the most at risk individuals and coordinate their care needs to eliminate adverse events, and deliver better clinical outcomes at a lower cost.
Our clients are health care enterprises: kidney clinics and nephrology practices, large health systems, managed care and health insurance companies. Together we use data science to deliver more human care.
- Responsible for researching and investigating key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and healthcare costs data
- Leads projects to completion by contributing to statistical modeling and financial reports
- Interprets and analyzes clinical data from various sources and recommend best approaches
- Designs and oversees execution of provider performance tools, including client-facing dashboards and value-based incentives
- Oversees ongoing development of existing reporting environments with a focus on standardization and consolidation
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly proficient in SQL database and stored procedures
- Familiarity with value-based payment models
- Expert in healthcare cost analysis
- Experience in conducting Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR)
- Proficient in the application of advanced statistics to evaluate economic, clinical and humanistic outcomes
- Ability to achieve organizational objectives and facilitate process improvement
- 5+ years in healthcare data analysis
- Remote working
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Top tier medical / dental / vision insurance, HSA & FSA, 401k option
- Gym discount, commuter discount
- While pulseData is based in New York, the location of this position is flexible. If the candidate is based remotely it will be expected that they travel to New York on a consistent, periodic cadence once conditions are safe for business travel to resume.