Data Science Intern
Data Science /
It is a momentous time for value-based kidney care, and we are excited to be a part of much needed change. Chronic Kidney Disease is a relatively under diagnosed condition that creates great suffering and burden on society. Out of every 5 dollars of Medicare expense, 1 dollar is spent on the CKD patient. Headquartered in New York, pulseData's mission is to create Machine Learning systems to scale care workflows and to proactively address the explosive growth of kidney disease patients that will fall under value based care.
As a Data Scientist Intern you are passionate to tackle one of the great medical & technological challenges of our time. We're looking for someone currently pursuing a graduate degree and looking for Winter, or Summer internship. We offer a great variety of data to build systems and models. You will get to develop skills, wrangle data, prototype models, and gain exposure to deploying robust systems of care delivery. This role requires flexibility and collaboration between disparate disciplines to seamlessly deliver care. Come join us and develop creative ways to explore, organize, and leverage clinical data to care for kidney patients.
- We have real ML systems deployed that make a difference in people's lives.
- We are adding multiple healthcare clients, and are looking for additional talent to bring alive a suite of systems to address numerous care frictions.
- Pre-Series A (soon to be Series A) startup with team members with diverse, backgrounds in medicine, biomedical informatics, quantitative trading, machine learning, and language processing.
- We are blessed with deeply passionate clients and seed investors that are partnering with us in making healthcare data-driven.
- Graduate school student in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or other related engineering discipline, for winter or summer internship.
- NYC area
- Ideally >1 years Python, Apache Spark.
- Team player that is dependable, cooperative, responsible
- Independent, and proactive, and who can enjoy the process of creating order from uncertainty.
- Excitement to have real ML systems deployed that make a difference in people's lives.
Other Value-Add Skills (Nice to Have):
- Experience in a cloud environments i.e. AWS, Azure, GCE, Kubernetes.
- Database architecture
- Experience implementing web service technologies with HTTP, JSON, REST.
- Experience with databases: Postgres, Mongo, SQL, NoSQL.