Healthcare Data Scientist
Data Science /
pulseData is working to transform kidney care. We work with value-based organizations and their care teams to provide an intelligent data platform to help deliver precise care at less cost.
Our mission is to deliver proactive, precise care to every chronic disease sufferer, eliminating preventable sickness. Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) is a substantially under-diagnosed condition that affects 37 million people in the US. Clinical and care management teams use our platform to identify the most at risk individuals and coordinate their care needs to eliminate adverse events, and deliver better clinical outcomes at a lower cost.
Our clients are health care enterprises: kidney clinics and nephrology practices, large health systems, managed care and health insurance companies. Together we use data science to deliver more human care.
- As a healthcare data scientist, you will be part of the clinical domain expert panel of the team.
- Assists with defining standard data quality checks at appropriate stages to ensure all data meets requirements for operations, diagnostics and reporting.
- Provides internal model validation using iterative medical chart reviews, generating insights, identifying data quality issues to equip our data science team with best clean data for deployment-ready models.
- Combines clinical domain knowledge and data skills to generate useful insights from data.
- Works with the data science and engineering team to normalize EHR and claims data into bespoke data schema.
- If you want to learn and contribute to an advanced healthcare data analytics platform, pulseData is your team. We are looking for candidates who want to grow and thrive in this setting.
- Be able to make sense of medical and clinical terminology and context, be able to review medical charts as needed
- Experience in data-oriented programming (Python, R, and Apache Spark)
- Understand data wrangling (SQL, Excel, R, pandas) and have a track record of data experience.
- Effectively communicate clinical learning with the rest of the team, contribute features, and write code, be all-around fun and helpful
- Healthcare background is required
- Remote working
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Top tier medical / dental / vision insurance, HSA & FSA, 401k option
- Gym discount, commuter discount
- While pulseData is based in New York, the location of this position is flexible. If the candidate is based remotely it will be expected that they travel to New York on a consistent, periodic cadence once conditions are safe for business travel to resume.