Regional Sales Manager, West
Sales – Field Sales /
Full-Time - Remote
Hi from Pumpkin!
Pumpkin is a pet care company on a mission to help make ‘the best pet care possible fur all’. We want to revolutionize pet healthcare by making it easier for families to provide their pets with the wellness and medical care they need throughout their lives. Launched by Zoetis (ZTS), a Fortune 500 company that’s the world’s largest animal health company, Pumpkin is an early-stage startup with big dreams! As a pack, we share agility, guts, collaboration, and a relentless pursuit in creating a healthier, happier world for pets and their people.
Pumpkin is looking for an innovative and results-oriented Regional Sales Manager to lead and nurture a high-performing sales team of 8-12 individuals. In this role, you will be responsible for driving significant revenue growth and market expansion through developing and coaching team members, implementing effective sales strategies, and establishing and tracking high impact KPIs. Working closely with leadership, you will be an integral part of providing performance insights and connecting sales goals to strategy.
This is a remote position requiring the individual to be based in a PST or CST location with 75% field travel throughout the central and western region.
What You'll Do:
- Conduct ride-alongs with the field sales team to better understand customer needs, tailor sales approaches, and improve team dynamics.
- Achieve sales goals and objectives by developing and implementing sales strategies and tactics for team members.
- Drive team success by setting and monitoring sales activity targets, ensuring consistent achievement of quarterly individual and team objectives.
- Provide accurate and insightful reports to leadership on performance and trends by regularly monitoring sales activity results, pipelines, and forecasts.
- Mentor and coach team members to expand their capabilities (e.g. selling skills, business planning, technical knowledge, territory management, etc.) with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Support the development of a standardized business planning process across sales, delivering a dynamic rolling forecast across the team.
- Partner with Sales Leadership to set and track impactful OKRs specific to the field sales team.
- Continuously stay up-to-date with industry trends and developments, as well as competitor activity, to ensure the field sales team is well-positioned to succeed.
- Assist with occasional strategic projects as needed, such as trade shows or new program development.
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in managing a field based sales team of 8+ individuals
- 3+ years of sales management experience in a fast growing organization
- Strong leadership and coaching skills to motivate and develop a team
- Experience using CRM-based tools to lead teams and track performance with data, insights, and reporting
- Adept at working in highly fluid, complex, and ever-changing environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify sales trends and areas for improvement
- Ability to pass/obtain a Property & Casualty License within 30 days
- Undergraduate degree (BS/BA)
- Ability to travel up to 75% as required
- Animal Health or Veterinary Industry experience
- Previous experience with Insurtech, Healthcare or Start-up organizations
- Active Property & Casualty Producer License
Pumpkin's Core Values:
Pets Come First: Put what’s best for pets at the center of everything we do
Trust the Pack: Help families make empowered pet care decisions
Jump Fences: If there’s a will, there’s always a way over them
Share Toys: Be generous with our gifts and amazing things will happen
Dig New Holes: Challenge conventions to create the future of pet health care
The compensation for this position ranges from $90,000- $120,000 (annually). Compensation may vary outside the listed range, based on a number of factors including but not limited to location, qualifications, performance, skills and experience. The compensation range listed is just one component of Pumpkin’s total compensation package for employees. Total compensation packages, depending on the position, may also include incentive compensation, discretionary bonuses, and other short or long-term incentives. If hired, employees will be in an ‘at-will position’ and Pumpkin reserves the right to modify compensation (as well as any other discretionary payment or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Newly hired staff must be fully vaccinated by their start date. Applicants unable to comply with this policy due to an underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may be eligible for an accommodation, unless such an accommodation would be unduly burdensome or present a direct threat to the applicant, our employees, or the members of our greater community.
Pumpkin is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.