Head of Payments
About the Role
Punch List is hiring a Head of Payments. As Head of Payments, you’re responsible for creating the entire payments ecosystem for our company, including the payment offering to our customers (contractors + homeowners) and the internal systems that allow us to bill and generate revenue. In your past experience as Head of Payments or similar elsewhere, you have experience negotiating with banking partners and financial institutions, and have successfully implemented outside vendor technology. You have no problem developing high level partner strategy decks, as well as rolling up your sleeves and writing specs. And as a team player, you’ll work with the product team closely to integrate payment offerings into Punch List’s core app, as well as lead the Compliance and Risk teams/functions. This role is responsible for hiring and leading a like-minded cross-functional team critical to the long term success of Punch List.
You think like a founder, and embrace responsibility for your customer’s success. You’ve nurtured early ideas in the past and turned them into tangible applications. You get excited about complicated challenges that intersect with two-sided networks and love talking to customers. You are motivated by ownership, want to work with a small team that shares similar values. Of all else, you are committed to developing thoughtful, meaningful experiences that better the lives of all who use the platform.
Leadership + Experience
- Leader. Key member of the leadership team, serving as the voice of the customer to influence the payments product and customer-first culture.
- Expertise. Design, implement, and administer a world class payments roadmap to ensure the successful completion of every transaction and availability of payment products at all stages of the customer lifecycle.
- Customer-centric Champion. Develop a deep understanding of the customers we serve and their needs, crafting fair and balanced offerings and processes necessary for a superb support experience.
Management + Culture
- Customer focused. Strong sense of empathy for our users to help them efficiently run and grow their business, while remaining up to date on the industry and needs of our customers.
- Process oriented. You thrive on structure and enjoy creating repeatable, measurable processes to ensure scalable success.
- Self starter. You're self motivated and can work autonomously with little direction.
About Punch List
Punch List is a platform that helps Contractors and Homeowners complete remodels on-time, and on-budget. Contractors will find value in Punch List’s easy-to-use UI, streamlined digital payments offering (complete with free digital payments + low cost “instant access” to cash), and access to low APR loans to purchase materials and pay labor costs. Homeowners will appreciate the assurances provided by verified legal documents, ease of communication with Contractors via the central platform, and increased transparency around project milestones and budget tracking. As it grows, Punch List will become the de facto platform Contractors and Homeowners will use when remodeling, renovating, or building homes.
Punch List is led by CEO Kyle Zink (Google, Square) and his Co-Founder & CTO Andy Vella (Big Fish Games, Telltale Games). Punch List has raised $4M from Bling Capital, Bedrock Capital, Ludlow Ventures, and leaders from Opendoor, WeWork, Square, Forward, and institutional VCs + Scouts from Mayfield, Sequoia, and Renegade Ventures.
- Salary: Competitive cash compensation
- Stock: Meaningful ownership in an early stage company
- Best-in-Class Healthcare: 100% company funded medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Unlimited PTO: Take days off when you need it or want it most.
- Family Focus: Work from anywhere, supportive work life balance.
- Latest Technology: Whatever you need to do your best work.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career, such as attending a relevant conference anywhere in the United States each year.
- Great team: Working with knowledgeable, hardworking, nice people who want to improve the remodel experience for both Homeowners and Contractors.