Lead Product Designer
San Francisco, CA + Remote /
About the Role
As Lead Product Designer, you’ll put purpose at the center of our product design language. You’ll work closely with our customers to shape how they make decisions in the app. You’ll define the look and feel of industry-leading technology, develop new features, and help craft our company’s visual strategy. This role is mission critical and valued accordingly.
You think like a founder, designing and redesigning to solve real problems for real people. You love talking to customers, taking responsibility for their experience and satisfaction from their success. You’re obsessive when it comes to improvement. Beyond functional upgrades, you want to make a difference that’s thoughtful and meaningful, too. You dig in when challenges get complicated, and are comfortable navigating intersections with two-sided networks. You’ve stewarded big ideas from the drawing board to the marketplace. You want to work with a small team that shares your values.
In short, you take ownership and are motivated by it.
Leadership + Experience
- Holistic designer. You have expertise in information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, style guides, visual design, and interactive prototypes.
- Startup interest. Behind your resume is a track record of successful products and loyal customers. You're interested in or thrive in early-stage environments. You put the team first. You’re hungry for growth, and ready to work outside your comfort zone.
- Mobile-centric. You have recent experience leading mobile-first design efforts from concept to launch.
- User-focused. You want to understand users at a deeper level—their pain points and aspirations—and design products to solve their problems.
- Self-starter. You're self-motivated and comfortable working with little direction.
- Intuitive navigator. You’ve got good gut instincts, sharpened by years of experience. In a sea of qualitative and quantitative information, you hone in on a clear and logical course of action.
- Strategic collaborator. You work well—and love working—with Product Managers and Engineers, brand and communications strategists, and most of all: customers. You receive feedback thoughtfully and use it to improve the product.
Management + Culture
- Collaborate. Work closely with product and engineering leads to design and deliver outstanding, engaging experiences for our customers.
- Educate. Bring your passion to work by making Punch List a design-led company. Don’t just show—teach our team what it means to lead with design
- Communicate. Be empathetic and direct. Offer guidance based on experience.
- Actualize. Convert strategic design thinking into a plan for making it happen.
- Be accountable. Use our shared Key Performance Indicators as the measure of your own success. Help us build a culture of focus and discipline by setting the bar high, both in your work and in your conduct.
About Punch List
We’re about to reinvent the home remodeling industry.
It’s hard to believe but that industry—worth hundreds of billions of dollars—still runs on text messages and paper checks. By streamlining digital communication and payment tools into one easy-to-use app, Punch List is here to help contractors and homeowners complete remodels on-time and on-budget.
To that end, Punch List is a win-win. Contractors see the value in our user-friendly interface and one-tap, no-fee payments feature. Likewise, homeowners value the reassurance provided by clear communication with Contractors, increased transparency around project milestones, and comprehensive budget tracking.
As our user base grows, we see Punch List becoming the de facto platform for contractors and homeowners who are remodeling, renovating, or building homes. Punch List is led by CEO Kyle Zink (Google, Square) and his Co-Founder & CTO Andy Vella (Big Fish Games, Telltale Games). We have raised $4M from Bling Capital, Bedrock Capital, Ludlow Ventures, Mayfield Capital, and Angels from companies such as Twitter/Square, Opendoor, WeWork, Forward, etc.
Punch List is an equal opportunity employer – committed to building a workforce as diverse and empowered as our customers. We evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Salary. Receive competitive cash compensation.
- Stock. Gain meaningful ownership in an early-stage company (1-4%, commensurate with experience).
- Best-in-class healthcare. Your medical, dental, and vision policies will be 100% company-funded.
- Unlimited PTO. Take days off whenever you need to—or want to.
- Family focus. We support a healthy work-life balance with flexible remote and working-from-home policies.
- Latest technology. Whatever you need to do your best work, at your fingertips.
- Learning. We support opportunities to grow your skillset and advance your career. Attending a work-related conference anywhere in the United States? We’ll buy your ticket.
- Great team. Collaborate with friendly experts who are working hard to improve the remodeling experience for homeowners and contractors.
- Premier office space. Located in the Financial District of San Francisco, we’re steps away from world-class restaurants, gyms, coffee shops, and bars.
- Remote-friendly culture. Not located in San Francisco? That's OK. We don't really care - we just want the best, most passionate experts on our team.