Senior Software Engineer
Chicago, IL /
Development & Engineering /
Purchasing Platform helps streamline how residential communities buy goods and services to fill their needs. We give management teams access to discounts, a local-first vendor network, and tools to help track and plan spending that were previously only available to large organizations with dedicated teams.
We’re looking for motivated and capable engineers to help us deliver thoughtful software to drive this vision. You'll be part of a team building out our internal and customer-facing applications.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with a team of engineers to ship sustainable, well-factored software.
- Work with our product team to deliver great experiences to both external and internal customers.
- Discover and communicate the technical requirements of new features to stakeholders of different backgrounds.
- Independently work with stakeholders to guide the development and delivery of projects.
- Build subject matter expertise in our product as well as our codebase.
- Finding creative and pragmatic ways to solve new problems.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 4+ years of experience in building and shipping web applications.
- Deep proficiency in the Ruby on Rails or React stacks (or both!)
- Experience developing software for the cloud (AWS, Docker, Terraform)
- Experience mentoring other engineers
- An understanding of web technologies (HTTP, HTML, APIs)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- An ability to rapidly learn and understand new software tools and paradigms.
Purchasing Platform is a spend management tool, analytics suite, and online marketplace that connects property management companies to vendors. By simplifying their buying process, our software not only improves budget control and visibility, but helps save money doing it. We’re growing quickly through the effort of both our team and our partners. We offer competitive benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, 401k matching, and generous PTO) and our cultural hub is in Chicago.