Washington, District of Columbia
Praxis Inc. engineers aerospace capabilities for problems of national interest. Our core competencies are system engineering, mechanical and electrical systems, spaceflight qualification and testing, software engineering, cybersecurity, robotics, and program management. We solve challenging problems, provide competitive salaries, and offer excellent benefits. Looking for a career with purpose? Come and join the Praxis team!
- Maintain physical- and cyber- security, perform risk assessment, incident response, and accreditation for multiple systems in a DoD environment
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Government environment, unique needs and applications, to be able to troubleshoot and address PC hardware and software issues in a timely fashion
- Coordinate technical activities in support of Department of Defense (DoD)/United States Navy (USN) security compliance management in accordance with NIST RMF and DoDI 8510.01
- Identifies, evaluates, and prioritizes customer problems and complaints to ensure that inquiries are resolved appropriately
- Support the acquisition, scheduling, testing, and installation of cybersecurity system updates and application patches to produce the enhanced security desired without adversely affecting the performance functional capabilities of the system
- Performs administrative tasks and other activities as assigned (e.g., document management, scripts, SOPs)
- Acquire and maintain a highly competent level of knowledge on relevant products, current support policies, and methods of support delivery
- Incorporate cybersecurity processes into existing system administration processes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in Mac/Windows/Linux hardware and software support
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP networking and Windows Active Directory environment
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Strong written and oral communication
- Ability to solve complex technical problems
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- IAT Certification (e.g. A+, Security+, Network+, CISSP)
- Experience with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Risk Management Framework (RMF) and DoDI 8510.01 Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology (IT)
- Self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner
- Familiarity with the following applications and operating systems preferred: Microsoft Windows and Active Directory, Windows 10 Secure Host Baseline (SHB), MacOS, MS Exchange Server, MS Office 2013/2016, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Linux OS Ubuntu/Redhat/other distributions, Familiarity with DoDD 8140.01 Cyberspace, Workforce Management
US Citizenship Required:
Eligibility to Obtain a DoD Security Clearance Required for this Position:
Yes, existing Secret clearance is required.
Yes; 5% or less
Position Contingent upon Award of Contract:
Praxis offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package; including ESOP participation, 401k Plan, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, Co-Sponsored Health Plan, Paid Leave and much more.
Applying to Praxis:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Praxis will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Employment at Praxis is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check and security investigation. Praxis is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Praxis Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Technology Service Corporation.