Senior Structural Dynamicist - Mechanical Engineer
Washington, District of Columbia
Praxis Inc. engineers aerospace capabilities for problems of national interest. Our core competencies are system engineering, mechanical and electrical systems, spaceflight qualification and testing, software engineering, cybersecurity, robotics, and program management. We solve challenging problems, provide competitive salaries, and offer excellent benefits. Looking for a career with purpose? Come and join the Praxis team!
This position will support robotic spacecraft servicing mission development at the Naval Research Lab in Washington, DC.
What you'll do:
- Serve as a senior structural dynamicist responsible for requirements development, design support, launch, and on orbit dynamic modeling
- Responsible for dynamic testing support of state-of-the-art structures, instruments, Robotics and deployable systems.
You may be fit for this role if you have:
- Master’s degree or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related discipline with focus/experience in spacecraft structural dynamics, Spacecraft dynamic testing, coupled loads analysis, and loads derivation
- Solid background in statics, dynamics, solid mechanics, material science, Finite Element Analysis, spacecraft dynamic testing
- Proficiency in the use of FEMAP and MSC Nastran
- Ability to write and utilize Python code
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in spacecraft structural dynamics analysis and testing
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience in the fields of spacecraft structures, instruments, deployables, and precision pointing systems
- Knowledge of all phases of spacecraft structural system development including requirements development, coupled loads model preparation and results interpretation, Modal testing and model correlation, and dynamic loads testing methodology
- Ability to perform concept development, system design and analysis, definition and specification of spacecraft system and subsystem requirements, and preparation of spacecraft certification documentation
- Ability to prepare, direct, and conduct development and qualification tests on spacecraft systems and subsystems, and analyzing the test data to determining if the system/subsystem performance meets its requirements
- Ability to write comprehensive test plans, test procedures, and test reports
US Citizenship Required:
Eligibility to Obtain a DoD Security Clearance Required for this Position:
Yes, existing Secret is strongly desired.
Position Contingent upon Award of Contract:
Praxis offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package; including ESOP participation, 401k Plan, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, Co-Sponsored Health Plan, Paid Leave and much more.
Applying to Praxis:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Praxis will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Employment at Praxis is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check and security investigation. Praxis is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Praxis Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Technology Service Corporation.