Sr. Electronics Technician
Washington, District of Columbia
Praxis Inc. engineers aerospace capabilities for problems of national interest. Our core competencies are system engineering, mechanical and electrical systems, spaceflight qualification and testing, software engineering, cybersecurity, robotics, and program management. We solve challenging problems, provide competitive salaries, and offer excellent benefits. Looking for a career with purpose? Come and join the Praxis team!
Praxis is hiring for a Sr. Technician to join its team in Washington D.C. to assist in building critical land mobile communications vehicles, including assembly and routing of cable harnesses. This person will be responsible for mechanical assembly of complex machined parts, fabrication of special jigs and tools, development of formal and informal assembly procedures, and testing and troubleshooting delivered systems in the field.
Qualified candidates will also be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Design, assemble, install, and test simple analog circuit boards such as power distribution cards, switch cards, and filters
- Prepare and submit bi-weekly written reports on assembly, integration and test progress
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering technology. Advanced technician licenses (such as FAA A&P or NASA flight hardware qualification) or advanced military schools may substitute for a degree in whole or in part.
- Active Secret clearance
- Strong familiarity with land mobile and airborne C4I systems and their operations and maintenance
- 10+ years of experience in positions of growing responsibility assembling, integrating, and testing high reliability military, aviation, or first-responder communications systems.
- Experience in the use of machine tools, hand tools, and electronic test equipment
- Knowledge of board layout software (Cadence OrCAD preferred).
- Ability to work within tight deadlines on multiple projects in a dynamic, responsive and rapid development environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, team oriented, flexible, innovative and able to perform well in an unstructured environment are all required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
US Citizenship Required:
Eligibility to Obtain a DoD Security Clearance Required for this Position:
Yes, an active Secret clearance is required.
Praxis offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package; including ESOP participation, 401k Plan, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, Co-Sponsored Health Plan, Paid Leave and much more.
Applying to Praxis:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Praxis will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Employment at Praxis is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check and security investigation. Praxis is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Praxis Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Technology Service Corporation.