Linux System Administrator
Washington, District of Columbia
Praxis Inc. engineers aerospace capabilities for problems of national interest. Our core competencies are system engineering, mechanical and electrical systems, spaceflight qualification and testing, software engineering, cybersecurity, robotics, and program management. We solve challenging problems, provide competitive salaries, and offer excellent benefits. Looking for a career with purpose? Come and join the Praxis team!
As a Linux System Administrator, you will administer a classified Linux software development and application network connected to classified external networks. You must have previous experience with the ICD 503 RMF process, VMWARRE/VMSPHERE virtual machine installation, management and administration. Previous history in working on IC high side networks with current administrator account access is ideal.
What you'll do:
- Interface with customers to gather and document requirements
- Design, implement, and test functional capabilities based on customer requirements
- Install and maintain Linux systems in production environments to include virtual environments
- Linux system administration duties include but not limited to: backup and recovery, security management, scripting, user account management
- Hardening OS and applications to required DoD security configurations
- Compliance/Vulnerability Monitoring and remediation utilizing HBSS and ACAS tools
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- 3+ years of Linux administration experience
- Security+ certification
- Proficiency in the various types of Enterprise Linux Distributions (RHEL, CENTOS, UBUNTU)
- Experience with VMWARE/VSPHERE virtual machine installation, management, and administration
- Experience writing scripts and scheduling jobs within Linux
- Experience with ICD 503 risk management framework process
- Recent history working with IC high side networks
- Experience with Bash/Python scripting language
- Experience with BelArc software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
U.S. Citizenship Required:
Eligibility to Obtain a DoD Security Clearance Required for this Position:
Yes, existing Top Secret with SCI access is required
Relocation Assistance Available:
Position Contingent upon Award of Contract:
Praxis offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package; including ESOP participation, 401k Plan, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, Co-Sponsored Health Plan, Paid Leave and much more.
Applying to Praxis:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Praxis will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Employment at Praxis is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check and security investigation. Praxis is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Praxis Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Technology Service Corporation.