Contract Administrator I
Praxis Inc. engineers aerospace capabilities for problems of national interest. Our core competencies are system engineering, mechanical and electrical systems, spaceflight qualification and testing, software engineering, cybersecurity, robotics, and program management. We solve challenging problems, provide competitive salaries, and offer excellent benefits. Looking for a career with purpose? Come and join the Praxis team!
As the Contract Administrator I at Praxis, you will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of cradle-to-grave contract administration documents for the procurement of materials, equipment, or services. You will be part of our collaborative, resourceful, and professional contracts team based in our Arlington Praxis HQ and report to the Contracts Manager.
What you'll do:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers to ensure contract requirements are met
- Maintain a combination of hard- and soft-copy contracts records
- Interact with finance/accounting to mitigate risk
- Negotiate and issue Prime / Subcontract Terms & Conditions
- Provide advice and interpretation of contract requirements
- Actively participate in solicitation reviews
- Prepare and submit cost proposals
- Prepare subcontract documentation and agreements
- Modify contract schedules and participate in agreement negotiations
- Prepare and execute timely and accurate contract proposal, administration and close-out documents
- You will have extensive contact and work closely with internal departments for proper understanding and entry of contract information
- Coordinate resolution of accounting and invoicing issues which are related to contract/subcontract approvals or modifications
You may be fit for this role if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or a relevant field
- 0-2 years of related DoD contract / subcontract administration experience
- Passion for setting and surpassing your own standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat along with Deltek Cost Point Accounting System experience
- Stellar communication skills, and a motivated team player in a challenging, rapidly evolving business environment
- Exposure to DoD contracting and proposal development
- Understanding of Contract / Subcontract Negotiations, pre- / post- award administration and closeouts
- Ability to multitask effectively with accurate results
U.S. Citizenship Required: Yes
Eligibility to Obtain a DoD Security Clearance Required for this Position: Yes, Existing Secret clearance preferred.
Travel: No; 5% or less
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Position Contingent upon Award of Contract: No
Praxis offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package; including ESOP participation, 401k Plan, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, Co-Sponsored Health Plan, Paid Leave and much more.
Applying to Praxis:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Praxis will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Employment at Praxis is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check and security investigation. Praxis is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Praxis Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Technology Service Corporation.