Praxis Inc. engineers aerospace capabilities for problems of national interest. Our core competencies are system engineering, mechanical and electrical systems, spaceflight qualification and testing, software engineering, cybersecurity, robotics, and program management. We solve challenging problems, provide competitive salaries, and offer excellent benefits. Looking for a career with purpose? Come and join the Praxis team!
- Interface with customers to gather and document requirements.
- Assist lead with overall system design.
- Help mid and junior-level developers with day to day tasks.
- Design, implement, and test functional capabilities based on customer requirements in a timely manner.
- Install and maintain software in production environments.
- Assist site customer and other on-site engineers in system problem diagnosis and troubleshooting, collection of problem information, writing discrepancy reports (DRs), and recommending fixes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering. Master’s degree is desired.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience of full-time professional programming experience in Java.
- Must be well organized, a good communicator, and capable of multi-tasking.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- JEE (Java Enterprise Edition) experience (JDBC, JNI, JNDI, JMS, Servlet/JSP, EJB/JPA).
- Experience with Java Web application (e.g., Tomcat) servers or Java Applications servers (e.g. JBoss and/or Wildfly are highly desired).
- Developing Java applications that use relational databases (JDBC, SQL, and MySQL) is highly desirable.
- Developing multi-threaded and distributed Java applications.
- Web service experience (e.g., RESTFul Web services).
- Experience with design patterns (e.g., Model View Controller, etc.).
US Citizenship Required:
Eligibility to Obtain a DoD Security Clearance Required for this Position:
Yes, existing TS/SCI is required with the ability to pass a CI polygraph preferred.
Yes; 5% or less.
Position Contingent upon Award of Contract:
Praxis offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package; including ESOP participation, 401k Plan, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, Co-Sponsored Health Plan, Paid Leave and much more.
Applying to Praxis:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Praxis will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Employment at Praxis is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check and security investigation. Praxis is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Praxis Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Technology Service Corporation.