Praxis Inc. engineers aerospace capabilities for problems of national interest. Our core competencies are system engineering, mechanical and electrical systems, spaceflight qualification and testing, software engineering, cybersecurity, robotics, and program management. We solve challenging problems, provide competitive salaries, and offer excellent benefits. Looking for a career with purpose? Come and join the Praxis team!
As an Accountant II, you will enjoy working as part of a strong organized accounting team supporting daily operations and will enthusiastically approach all tasks great or small with a positive can-do attitude. You will be part of a small but dedicated and professional accounting team based in our Arlington Praxis HQ and report to the Accounting Manager.
What you'll do:
- Positively interact with our employees and customers
- Accounts Payable: Employee expense report entry and compliance; AP & PO vouchers; Entry, review & posting of check requests; Weekly check run processing; Vendor credit application preparation/maintenance; Monthly sales & tax use reconciliation preparation/payment; Accounting file maintenance
- General Ledger: Prepare and/or enter cash receipts, monthly account reconciliations, and month-end journal entries; Assist with general ledger analysis & fixed assets monitoring; Assist with the preparation of financial statements and financial audits
- Project Accounting: Weekly PM revenue reports; ACRN billings & reconciliations; Project ledger and General Ledger monitoring & reconciliation; Employee timesheet review for proper project account labor cost allocation
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field
- 2-4 years of recent & relevant experience
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Must have advanced knowledge of Deltek CostPoint & Excel
- IBM Cognos or Tableau experience, strongly preferred
- Federal contractor experience, strongly preferred
- Commitment to good accounting practices
- Superb communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, while successfully meeting deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills along with strong attention to detail
U.S. Citizenship Required: Yes
Eligibility to Obtain a DoD Security Clearance Required for this Position: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Position Contingent upon Award of Contract: No
Praxis offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package; including ESOP participation, 401k Plan, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, Co-Sponsored Health Plan, Paid Leave and much more.
Applying to Praxis:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Praxis will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Employment at Praxis is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check and security investigation. Praxis is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Praxis Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Technology Service Corporation.