Praxis Inc. engineers aerospace capabilities for problems of national interest. Our core competencies are system engineering, mechanical and electrical systems, spaceflight qualification and testing, software engineering, cybersecurity, robotics, and program management. We solve challenging problems, provide competitive salaries, and offer excellent benefits. Looking for a career with purpose? Come and join the Praxis team!
As a Project Manager (PM), you will serve as the primary interface with the customer’s Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) and the Client Technical Point of Contact (TPOC). The PM shall be responsible for managing and overseeing the activities of all contractor personnel as well as subcontractor/teaming partner efforts used in the performance of this effort and contained in the task order.
Security Clearance: Applicant must hold an active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
What you'll do:
- Overall management of task order/contract
- Ensure the management of contract budgets
- Manage the performance of personnel assigned to the contract
- Ensure adequate staffing, direct charge resources, equipment, etc., for successful completion of the contract
- Identify potential issues with client and work to timely and effectively take action to resolve them
- Drive recurring revenue and contract growth
- Positively interact with our employees and customers
- Establish lasting relationships with key decision makers insuring customer satisfaction
- Recruit excellent new engineers to your team
- Bring energy, positivity and drive to the teams you work with
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Master’s degree from an accredited college/university in a related technical field
- 7+ years as a supervisor or manager of a substantial project
- Experience in Department of Defense & major space systems/programs Task Orders/contracts management
- Ability to effectively direct and manage contract functions involving multiple, complex and interrelated project tasks in an aerospace environment
- Ability to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items, and effectively execute in accordance with approved plans
- Experience identifying, supporting, and directing a broad range of technical efforts requiring highly specialized and diverse personnel
- Experience with Program Cost and Schedule tracking
- Ability to formulate thoughts and convey information in multiple fashions at various skill levels
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Multidisciplinary team management skills, ability to positively react to changes in directions, and filter out unnecessary tasks
U.S. Citizenship Required: Yes
Eligibility to Obtain a DoD Security Clearance Required for this Position: Yes, active Top Secret/SCI clearance is required. Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation, a background check, a drug screen, and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Travel: Yes, 25%
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Position Contingent upon Award of Contract: No
Praxis offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package; including ESOP participation, 401k Plan, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, Co-Sponsored Health Plan, Paid Leave and much more.
Applying to Praxis:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Praxis will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Employment at Praxis is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check and security investigation. Praxis is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Praxis Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Technology Service Corporation.