Big Data Engineer
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Praxis Inc. engineers aerospace capabilities for problems of national interest. Our core competencies are system engineering, mechanical and electrical systems, spaceflight qualification and testing, software engineering, cybersecurity, robotics, and program management. We solve challenging problems, provide competitive salaries, and offer excellent benefits. Looking for a career with purpose? Come and join the Praxis team!
Praxis, Inc is looking for a Big Data Engineer to join the team in Albuquerque, NM. As a Big Data Engineer, you will be architecting and implementing big data solutions with next-generation technology using open source tools.
What you'll do:
- Generate prototype technology demonstrations for real-time sensor streams and space systems.
- Lead, design and implement big data infrastructure components.
- Performance tune, advise on best practices, and apply hardening scripts on the big data clusters.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or 5+ years of equivalent total experience.
- Hands-on experience with AWS infrastructure including cloud formation templates.
- 1-2 years of experience with Big Data (e.g. Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Apex, Apache Kafka).
- 1-2 years of experience scripting in Python or Scala.
- 3-5 years of experience with SQL and stream mining.
- Experience with kubernetes, Docker and Databricks is a plus.
- Previous experience with Federal contracting.
- Related technical certifications.
US Citizenship Required:
Eligibility to Obtain a DoD Security Clearance Required for this Position:
Yes, ability to obtain Top Secret security clearance is required.
Position Contingent upon Award of Contract:
Praxis offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package; including ESOP participation, 401k Plan, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, Co-Sponsored Health Plan, Paid Leave and much more.
Applying to Praxis:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Praxis will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Employment at Praxis is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check and security investigation. Praxis is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Praxis Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Technology Service Corporation.