Washington, District of Columbia
Praxis Inc. engineers aerospace capabilities for problems of national interest. Our core competencies are system engineering, mechanical and electrical systems, spaceflight qualification and testing, software engineering, cybersecurity, robotics, and program management. We solve challenging problems, provide competitive salaries, and offer excellent benefits. Looking for a career with purpose? Come and join the Praxis team!
As a Network Engineer, you will be responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network infrastructure and application components. You will perform a variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets our customer’s satisfaction.
Security Clearance: Applicant must hold an active Top Secret clearance, with ability to obtain an SCI and pass a CI polygraph.
What You'll Do:
- Configure and setup Firewalls and Security Appliances, emphasis in Cisco a plus
- Design, setup and configure complex switching environments
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, as well as security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services
- Provide direction and guidance in researching, interpreting, analyzing, and applying complex network operation tactics, techniques, procedures, processes, and best practices to ensure effective and efficient operations
- Provides situational awareness/reporting, ensuring communications/information technology and network assurance/defense capabilities and services
- Develops and employs network recovery and alternative routing procedures
- Ensures rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of network services
You may be fit for this role if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in Network Engineering
- Experience working with Cisco and/or Juniper appliances
- Experience working with Linux and writing shell scripts
- In-depth knowledge of networking concepts, infrastructure, and technologies
- Understanding of network communication protocols, network routing protocols and IP network troubleshooting
- Strong communication and multi-tasking skills
- Strong analytical skills, and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
US Citizenship Required: Yes
Eligibility to Obtain a DoD Security Clearance Required for this Position: Yes, existing Top Secret is required with the ability to obtain an SCI and pass CI polygraph.
Position Contingent upon Award of Contract: No
Relocation Assistance: No
Praxis offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package; including ESOP participation, 401k Plan, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, Co-Sponsored Health Plan, Paid Leave and much more.
Applying to Praxis:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Praxis will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Employment at Praxis is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check and security investigation. Praxis is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Praxis Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Technology Service Corporation.