Space Robotics I&T Engineer
Washington, District of Columbia
Praxis Inc. engineers aerospace capabilities for problems of national interest. Our core competencies are system engineering, mechanical and electrical systems, spaceflight qualification and testing, software engineering, cybersecurity, robotics, and program management. We solve challenging problems, provide competitive salaries, and offer excellent benefits. Looking for a career with purpose? Come and join the Praxis team!
Praxis, Inc. is searching for a Space Robotics I&T Engineer to work on various projects within our Engineering and Technical Services Group in the Washington, DC locale.
- Reviewing subsystem test plans and procedures, assembling a Integrated Master Test Plan, selecting, designing, or assembling appropriate test hardware and special equipment, and coordinating multiple system, subsystem, and assembly level tests of prototype hardware for space and ground robotics.
- Operate specialized equipment including 3-D scanners and write scripts and programs to convert data file formats and perform post test data reduction.
- Document and maintain the network infrastructure for a large robotics test facility including operational and development workstations running operating systems including Windows, Apple OS, and Linux.
- Support the integration and test operations involving installation of MLI and other thermal hardware onto spacecraft, test articles and or other space flight hardware.
- Responsible for coordinating major maintenance and upgrades of laboratory facilities including travelling cranes, LN2, high pressure shop air, hydraulic test stations, and other equipment. Responsible for recommending upgrades and improvements for this equipment to government laboratory manager.
- Design specialty ground support equipment as required using Unigraphics NX and other 3-D design tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering or a related field. Specific work experience, formal college-level training, or certification in Computer Science or network engineering.
- Ability to work some overtime and/or shift coverage in support of mechanical efforts.
- Able to travel for training, operations at vendors, and to support extended field operations at the launch site.
- Applicant must be very detail oriented/organized, mechanically inclined and dependable.
US Citizenship Required:
Eligibility to Obtain a DoD Security Clearance Required for this Position:
Yes, existing Secret clearance is required.
Yes; 5% or less
Position Contingent upon Award of Contract:
Praxis offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package; including ESOP participation, 401k Plan, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, Co-Sponsored Health Plan, Paid Leave and much more.
Applying to Praxis:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Praxis will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Employment at Praxis is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check and security investigation. Praxis is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Praxis Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Technology Service Corporation.