Mid-Level Linux System Administrator
Praxis Inc. engineers aerospace capabilities for problems of national interest. Our core competencies are system engineering, mechanical and electrical systems, spaceflight qualification and testing, software engineering, cybersecurity, robotics, and program management. We solve challenging problems, provide competitive salaries, and offer excellent benefits. Looking for a career with purpose? Come and join the Praxis team!
Praxis is hiring for a Mid-Level Linux System Administrator. This position requires a flexible individual with experience in Linux system administration throughout the project lifecycle. Candidate provides back-end server as well as end-user support including upgrades, system refresh, automated patch and update deployment, continuous monitoring using best practices and cyber security tools. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team is required. The work to be performed will primarily be done within the Stafford, VA area, but limited travel CONUS/OCONUS may be required.
- Interface with customers to gather and document requirements.
- Design, implement, and test functional capabilities based on customer requirements in a timely manner.
- Install and maintain Linux systems in production environments.
- Linux system administration including backup, security management, bash scripting, user account management.
- Hardening OS and applications to required configurations (e.g. DISA STIGs).
- Compliance/Vulnerability Monitoring with HBSS and ACAS.
- Network troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Networking, or Engineering is required. Current/past work experience can substituted for technical degree.
- 1-3+ years of Linux System Administration experience.
- Enterprise Linux Distributions (RHEL, CENTOS) 6 and/or 7 experience.
- Successful candidates must be well organized, a good communicator, and capable of multi-tasking; must possess strong analytical skills, and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Will be required to be compliant with DoD 8570 (Security+, CISSP, etc.) in a given period of time, post employment.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with change request and work tracking software (e.g., Atlassian’s Jira).
- Software configuration management using GIT & continuous integration products (such as Atlassian Stash and Bamboo).
- Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF).
US Citizenship Required:
Eligibility to Obtain a DoD Security Clearance Required for this Position:
Yes, a TS/SCI clearance with the ability to pass a CI polygraph will be required.
Yes; CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required
Praxis offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package; including ESOP participation, 401k Plan, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, Co-Sponsored Health Plan, Paid Leave and much more.
Applying to Praxis:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Praxis will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Employment at Praxis is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check and security investigation. Praxis is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Praxis Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Technology Service Corporation.