Senior Software Engineer
Praxis Inc. engineers aerospace capabilities for problems of national interest. Our core competencies are system engineering, mechanical and electrical systems, spaceflight qualification and testing, software engineering, cybersecurity, robotics, and program management. We solve challenging problems, provide competitive salaries, and offer excellent benefits. Looking for a career with purpose? Come and join the Praxis team!
Praxis, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join the software development team in Chantilly, VA. The team is building a large-scale enterprise application using web technologies, distributed computation and storage frameworks, and sophisticated, cutting-edge domain analytics, with the system hosted on virtualized and cloud-computing platforms. The successful candidate will have the ability to work both independently with little supervision as well as engage with a team to achieve overall project objectives.
- Execute full lifecycle agile workflow including daily SCRUMS, story grooming and bidding, and sprint execution.
- Develop software and extend the software baseline to implement new capabilities and to mature existing capabilities using key enabling technologies and frameworks.
- Assist in maintaining the deployed system, diagnose and resolve issues, and provide support to end-users as needed.
- Provide technical and methodological guidance to the team, while helping steer the team to be self-reliant and highly effective at meeting project objectives.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a computer-related discipline, or the equivalent in professional software development experience.
- 9 years of related experience with B.S. Degree; or 7 years with M.S. Degree; or 13 years of professional software development experience.
- Strong experience with Java or similar object-oriented languages.
- Experience with most of the following enterprise development technologies: Hibernate, SQL, REST / JAX-RS / Spring MVC, network programming, multi-threaded programming and message queues.
- Security + Certification or ability to certify within four months.
- Experience with Unix/Linux, especially RedHat or CentOS
- AWS Certification or experience with AWS
- Experience with web technologies such as jQuery, Cesium, WebSockets
- Agile development experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
US Citizenship Required:
Eligibility to Obtain a DoD Security Clearance Required for this Position:
Yes, existing active TS/SCI Security Clearance is required.
Position Contingent upon Award of Contract:
Praxis offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package; including ESOP participation, 401k Plan, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, Co-Sponsored Health Plan, Paid Leave and much more.
Applying to Praxis:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Praxis will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Employment at Praxis is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check and security investigation. Praxis is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Praxis Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Technology Service Corporation.