Praxis Inc. engineers aerospace capabilities for problems of national interest. Our core competencies are system engineering, mechanical and electrical systems, spaceflight qualification and testing, software engineering, cybersecurity, robotics, and program management. We solve challenging problems, provide competitive salaries, and offer excellent benefits. Looking for a career with purpose? Come and join the Praxis team!
As a Financial Analyst, you will be our key driver in determining the impact of our business decisions by analyzing financial information. You must possess strong analytical skills, expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of Earned Value Management. This position is at our corporate office in Arlington, VA, which is metro accessible from the Crystal City station.
What you'll do:
- Analyze financial information for senior management: develop revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports and presentations, perform financial forecasting and reconciliation of internal accounts, identify trends and developments, provide recommendations for identified problems
- Track program financial data: develop budgets, allocations, cost expenditures, spreadsheets and charts to the program's requirement
- Prepare material/service requisitions and documentation for contract related procurements
- Assist with overall execution of key program events that include: System Requirements Review (SRR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), Test Readiness Review (TRR), Technical Interchange Meetings (TIM), Launch Readiness Review (LRR), and Safety Reviews.
You may be fit for this role if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- 2-5 years of experience in DoD Contracts or Program Management Support
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, specifically in developing formulas, scripts and pivot tables
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management
- Previous experience with Tableau and Deltek CostPoint
US Citizenship Required: Yes
Eligibility to Obtain a DoD Security Clearance Required for this Position: Yes, existing Secret is strongly preferred.
Position Contingent upon Award of Contract: No
Relocation Assistance: No
Praxis offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package; including ESOP participation, 401k Plan, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, Co-Sponsored Health Plan, Paid Leave and much more.
Applying to Praxis:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Praxis will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Employment at Praxis is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check and security investigation. Praxis is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Praxis Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Technology Service Corporation.