Senior Spacecraft Mechanisms Engineer
Washington, District of Columbia
Praxis Inc. engineers aerospace capabilities for problems of national interest. Our core competencies are system engineering, mechanical and electrical systems, spaceflight qualification and testing, software engineering, cybersecurity, robotics, and program management. We solve challenging problems, provide competitive salaries, and offer excellent benefits. Looking for a career with purpose? Come and join the Praxis team!
- Develop a payload to perform on-orbit servicing
- Develop part replacement and repair for geostationary satellites
- 10+ years of recent and relevant experience in the design of space vehicle flight mechanisms such as deployable antennas and arrays, movable covers, and release mechanisms.
- Experience with mechatronics/robotics with focus on mechanical design of mechatronics/robotics systems.
- Experience with moving mechanical design – especially rotating machinery such as motors, bearings, and gears.
- Must be well organized, a good communicator, and capable of multi-tasking.
- Must possess strong analytical skills, and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information.
US Citizenship Required:
Eligibility to Obtain a DoD Security Clearance Required for this Position:
Yes, existing Secret with the ability to acquire TS. Exceptional candidates who are eligible for Secret but do not have a clearance will be considered. Employment is contingent on receiving final Secret clearance within 12 months of hire.
Position Contingent upon Award of Contract:
Praxis offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package; including ESOP participation, 401k Plan, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, Co-Sponsored Health Plan, Paid Leave and much more.
Applying to Praxis:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Praxis will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Employment at Praxis is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check and security investigation. Praxis is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Praxis Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Technology Service Corporation.