Junior System Administrator
Washington, District of Columbia
Praxis Inc. engineers aerospace capabilities for problems of national interest. Our core competencies are system engineering, mechanical and electrical systems, spaceflight qualification and testing, software engineering, cybersecurity, robotics, and program management. We solve challenging problems, provide competitive salaries, and offer excellent benefits. Looking for a career with purpose? Come and join the Praxis team!
- You will gain a thorough understanding of the Government environment, unique needs, and applications, to be able to troubleshoot and address PC hardware and software issues in a timely fashion
- You will identify, evaluate, and prioritize customer problems and complaints to ensure that inquiries are resolved appropriately
- Coordinate technical activities in support of DoD/DoN security compliance management
- Support basic IT issues such as password resets, peripheral configurations, hardware diagnostics, and coordinate repairs
- Provision new hardware for new and existing users, including re-imaging computers and installing software
- Performs administrative tasks and other activities as assigned (e.g., document management, scripts, SOPs)
- Acquire and maintain a highly competent level of knowledge on relevant products, current support policies, and methods of support delivery
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Strong written and oral communication
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Prior System Administration experience on Windows, Linux and Cisco.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Security+ IAT Certification
- Self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner
- Practical knowledge of LANs, DHCP, and DNS Server
- Familiarity with the following applications and operating systems preferred: Microsoft Windows, MacOS, MS Exchange, MS Office 2010/2013, VMware/Virtualbox virtualization environments, Basic Linux/Unix scripting (bash/tsch)
US Citizenship Required:
Eligibility to Obtain a DoD Security Clearance Required for this Position:
Yes, existing Secret is required.
Yes; 5% or less.
Position Contingent upon Award of Contract:
Praxis offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package; including ESOP participation, 401k Plan, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, Co-Sponsored Health Plan, Paid Leave and much more.
Applying to Praxis:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Praxis will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Employment at Praxis is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check and security investigation. Praxis is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Praxis Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Technology Service Corporation.