Spacecraft Software Engineer
Washington, District of Columbia
Praxis Inc. engineers aerospace capabilities for problems of national interest. Our core competencies are system engineering, mechanical and electrical systems, spaceflight qualification and testing, software engineering, cybersecurity, robotics, and program management. We solve challenging problems, provide competitive salaries, and offer excellent benefits. Looking for a career with purpose? Come and join the Praxis team!
Praxis, Inc. is searching for a Spacecraft Software Engineer to work on various projects within our Engineering and Technical Services Group in the Washington DC locale.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the unique and emerging requirements in the space systems environment and applications
- Manages, evaluates quality, and optimizes spacecraft procedures, tools, and the processes needed for efficient execution of operational activities
- Applies experience and professional judgment to evaluate, create, and implement innovative strategies to support dynamic operational needs
- Advanced support and leadership of complex applications and projects that require the integration of multiple technologies
- Perform requirements definition, design, code and unit test, integration support and verification of spacecraft software
- Interact, plan, and coordinate with multiple software team members, spacecraft engineers, and data engineers/maintenance teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or the equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years’ spacecraft software experience, with an emphasis on telemetry and command
- Strong C/C++ language skills
- Experience in all phases of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), including requirements analysis, design, coding, unit test, integration, and verification
- Advanced working knowledge of flight control systems and command telemetry and data communication protocols
- Familiarity with data integrity techniques such as checksums, parity checks, and cyclic redundancy checks (CRC)
- Knowledge of embedded debugging tools and techniques, electrical interfacing issues and communication standards (RS422, TCP/IP, etc.) used in spacecraft development is essential
- Experience with spacecraft design, systems engineering, integration, and testing
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to solve complex technical problems
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner
- Experience working under formal Software Development Plans, Processes, and Configuration Management
- Experience with spacecraft bus/flight software
- Shell scripting tools such as Bourne shell, CshPerl, Tk, Python
US Citizenship Required:
Eligibility to Obtain a DoD Security Clearance Required for this Position:
Yes, existing Secret with the ability to acquire TS/SCI preferred.
Yes; 5% or less
Position Contingent upon Award of Contract:
Praxis offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package; including ESOP participation, 401k Plan, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, Co-Sponsored Health Plan, Paid Leave and much more.
Applying to Praxis:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Praxis will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Employment at Praxis is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check and security investigation. Praxis is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Praxis Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Technology Service Corporation.