Senior Aerospace Engineer
Praxis Inc. engineers aerospace capabilities for problems of national interest. Our core competencies are system engineering, mechanical and electrical systems, spaceflight qualification and testing, software engineering, cybersecurity, robotics, and program management. We solve challenging problems, provide competitive salaries, and offer excellent benefits. Looking for a career with purpose? Come and join the Praxis team!
The Senior Aerospace Engineer leads a dynamic software engineering team developing cutting edge analysis and decision support tools in Chantilly, VA. The Aerospace Engineer will support software development for ongoing J2EE development projects, to be responsible for developing astrodynamics-based solutions using Agile/Scrum software development methodologies, and to perform evaluations of COTS/GOTS/Open Source software products from business and technical perspectives.
- Support software development for ongoing J2EE development projects.
- Develop astrodynamics-based solutions using Agile/Scrum software development methodologies.
- Perform evaluations of COTS/GOTS/Open Source software products from business and technical perspectives.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Aerospace Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years of experience performing astrodynamics modeling, simulation and analysis.
- 10+ years of experience using astrodynamics modeling tools including COTS (STK, ODTK, FreeFlyer), GOTS (GMAT, USAF Astro Standards), open source (Orekit), or custom software (e.g. MATLAB, Python).
- 7 years of experience with satellite or spacecraft operations.
- Demonstrated experience with scripting languages to automate astrodynamic computations (MATLAB, Perl, VBScript).
- Ability to perform in a high intensity, quick reaction environment.
- Experience working with a software development team.
- Experience with specific astrodynamics tasks such as orbit determination, trajectory design and maneuver planning, attitude determination and control, or conjunction assessment and collision avoidance.
- Software development skills and experience using Java, C/C++, Python, .NET, or coding languages.
- Experience in operating spacecraft in all orbital regimes (LEO, HEO, GEO).
- Experience working in an operational environment and timelines – supporting anomaly resolution teams.
US Citizenship Required:
Eligibility to Obtain a DoD Security Clearance Required for this Position:
Yes, existing active TS/SCI Security Clearance is required.
Position Contingent upon Award of Contract:
Praxis offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package; including ESOP participation, 401k Plan, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, Co-Sponsored Health Plan, Paid Leave and much more.
Applying to Praxis:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Praxis will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Employment at Praxis is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check and security investigation. Praxis is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Praxis Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Technology Service Corporation.