Washington, District of Columbia
Praxis Inc. engineers aerospace capabilities for problems of national interest. Our core competencies are system engineering, mechanical and electrical systems, spaceflight qualification and testing, software engineering, cybersecurity, robotics, and program management. We solve challenging problems, provide competitive salaries, and offer excellent benefits. Looking for a career with purpose? Come and join the Praxis team!
- Contribute novel ideas in the context of a mixed engineering/algorithms/programming team.
- Develop and implement dynamically stabilized robotic locomotion algorithms, to include model-predictive control-based algorithms, linear or non-linear based algorithms, ZMP-based algorithms, or machine learning (deep learning, motor learning, or reinforcement learning) based algorithms.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Computer Science or Applied Mathematics, related field with extensive interest and experience in closed loop controls. Master’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of recent and relevant experience (with PhD) or 5+ years of equivalent recent and relevant experience.
- Experience with traditional linear and non-linear control theory and design required.
- Experience developing algorithms on robotic hardware (vice simulations) is strongly preferred.
- Experience developing embedded software using LabVIEW is strongly preferred; although experience with Matlab/Simulink or other high-level programming languages is acceptable.
- Experience developing with the Robotic Operating System (ROS) is preferred.
- Designing and building high performance embedded processing systems, including GPU programming, non-von Neumann computing architectures, FPGAs, and/or ASICs is preferred.
- Must be well organized, a good communicator, and capable of multi-tasking.
- Must possess strong analytical skills, and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
US Citizenship Required:
Eligibility to Obtain a DoD Security Clearance Required for this Position:
Yes, existing Secret is strongly desired, with the ability to acquire Top Secret. Exceptional candidates who are eligible for Secret but do not have a clearance will be considered, with a contingency on receiving final Secret clearance within 12 months of hire.
Yes; 5% or less.
Position Contingent upon Award of Contract:
Praxis offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package; including ESOP participation, 401k Plan, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, Co-Sponsored Health Plan, Paid Leave and much more.
Applying to Praxis:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Praxis will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Employment at Praxis is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check and security investigation. Praxis is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Praxis Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Technology Service Corporation.