Machine Vision Roboticist
Washington, District of Columbia
Praxis Inc. engineers aerospace capabilities for problems of national interest. Our core competencies are system engineering, mechanical and electrical systems, spaceflight qualification and testing, software engineering, cybersecurity, robotics, and program management. We solve challenging problems, provide competitive salaries, and offer excellent benefits. Looking for a career with purpose? Come and join the Praxis team!
- Develop vision system camera hardware, vision processing, and AI to provide machine perception to MeRLin and other autonomous high mobility robotic systems. MeRLin is an applied research program at the Naval Research Laboratory to develop meso-scale (10 kg class), highly agile autonomous quadruped robot technologies, including compact hydraulic actuators, locomotion algorithms and code, and machine perception.
- BS in electrical, mechanical, or aerospace engineering or a related field; advanced degree preferred
- Five years’ experience developing perception algorithms and implementing them on hardware systems
- Active DoD Secret clearance (required at start date)
- Experience with Robotic Operating System (ROS) and custom-built implementations of vision systems on hardware platforms, rather than theory or simulation
US Citizenship Required:
Eligibility to Obtain a DoD Security Clearance Required for this Position:
Yes, existing Secret is strongly desired, and must be finalized prior to start date.
Yes; 5% or less
Position Contingent upon Award of Contract:
Praxis offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package; including ESOP participation, 401k Plan, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, Co-Sponsored Health Plan, Paid Leave and much more.
Applying to Praxis:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Praxis will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Employment at Praxis is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check and security investigation. Praxis is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Praxis Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Technology Service Corporation.