GWTG Stroke - Quality Information Specialist
Clinical – QCI /
Full Time / Part Time
We’re super into the work we do and the community we’ve built and think you might be, too.
Why? Well, there’s a lot to be proud of! Q-Centrix is a leading healthcare information solutions provider. More specifically, we’re laser-focused on helping hospitals unlock the value of their clinical data to improve patient care. We do this, thanks in part, to our collaborative team of 1,000+ clinical data experts, problem-solvers, and tech enthusiasts.
What’s the job?
As the healthcare industry shifts to value-based care, quality data abstraction has become critical in identifying positive, patient outcomes. In fact, medical record abstraction is the preferred data collection method for clinical research, quality improvement, performance measurement, disease surveillance, and other secondary data uses. Our GWTG Data Abstractors use Q-Centrix proprietary technology to contribute to healthcare’s most exciting advancements.
We may be biased, but we’re pretty confident that this is an exceptional opportunity to fill your days with meaningful work while also becoming a part of a smart, collaborative, fun-loving team in a growing company and industry.
GWTG Data Abstractor delivers quality solutions to hospital partners across the country through data abstraction and clinical quality data management. They approach each hospital engagement as an opportunity to apply clinical and data recognition expertise with precision to advance patient outcomes and research.
Like the way this sounds? Let’s talk about the primary responsibilities of this role:
- Apply specialized knowledge to hospital partners: categorize, code, summarize, interpret and calculate registry/case information from nuanced, patient medical records.
- Ensure quality submission of all data in specified registries or measure data repositories, maintaining a high accuracy threshold.
- Prioritize, organize, and meet tight deadlines for multiple concurrent tasks and team requests; uses tact and judgement to manage expectations, flag obstacles and propose solutions in a timely manner.
- Navigate technical systems: electronic medical records (EMR) and registry/case entry tools; use team resources to troubleshoot technical issues with systems and applications with a focus on solutions.
- Contribute to team best practices, data dictionaries, abstraction guidelines, and other business rule documents; identifies process improvement opportunities to help streamline tasks and processes.
- Keeps up to date on mandated regulatory/publicly reported data requirements as specified by federal, state, payer and other agencies.
- Any or other additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Before officially being placed on one of our client services teams, you will join a cohort of exceptional peers in our newly created, world class, Q-Centrix Institute (QCI). Your time in QCI will contain a specialized learning path of up to 6 months of on-the-job training. Once you graduate from QCI, you will be ready to be a high performing team member at Q-Centrix.
You’re our ideal team member if you…
- Have direct experience in one or more of the following areas: neuro ICU, stroke unit, bedside care, medical scribing and coding/billing, or quality information systems
- Have exposure to multiple patient medical record systems (EMRs) and clinical databases
- Enjoy working with data, fact finding and problem solving
- Are proficient with MS Office (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Teams), navigating search engines and multitasking between applications
- Have strong analytical and critical thinking skills to approach problems in a systematic method using the ability to synthesize data and suggest recommendations
- Demonstrate high standards for accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrate technical savvy and strong desire to learn new systems and technology
- Thrive working independently and take ownership of projects/patient records
- Consistently and clearly communicate to effectively collaborate with hospital partners, peers, team leads and others
- Demonstrate strong self-organizational and time management skills to concurrently manage multiple accounts, adjusting as needed to shifting timelines and priorities
- Adapt to changes in timelines, requirements, and project assignments
- Maintain a high degree of responsibility in keeping PHI secure and confidential
Who are we?
At Q-Centrix, we hire people who love learning, value innovation and believe in our mission and values to improve outcomes in healthcare. We applaud qualified applicants who are accountable and committed to producing quality work. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we support and value diversity, dignity and respect in our work environment, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive.
We employ people based on the needs of the business and the job, and their individual professional qualifications. Here’s what does not impact our employment decisions: race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status, health, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, or any status or characteristic protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. If you are an individual with a qualified disability and you need an accommodation during the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.
We celebrate and embrace these differences, and take pride in our commitment to being an equal opportunity team.