Los Angeles, CA /
Full-Time / Permanent
We hold the key to making quantum useful! Q-CTRL is a company with a deep start-up spirit with offices in Sydney, Los Angeles and Berlin. Our goal is to revolutionize the quantum future of technology by delivering transformational, real-life outcomes for the world’s most innovative and impactful industry. Simply put, we make quantum technology useful.
We’re led by our values; to be real, be trusted, be just, and be revered. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and how we shape the future of the quantum field. We want the best talent in the world to join our team - from operations, product, design and marketing through to quantum research. So whether you’re a quantum expert or simply unsure where you fit into a business like ours, we want to hear from you!
About the role:
Q-CTRL is looking for a hands-on Marketing Leader based out of California (Los Angeles preferred) to direct and oversee our Marketing function. The role will report to the Chief Strategy Officer.
As the leader of our marketing function, our ideal candidate has a strong track record of Marketing leadership in a high growth / cutting edge technology startup and experience in successfully managing a variety of Marketing functions, including: product, brand, digital marketing, PR, and a seasoned hand in handling events. You will nurture the small existing team and scrappily grow and expand its capabilities incrementally in alignment with various parts of the business.
We are looking for a proven technology marketing leader who loves rolling up their sleeves, making things happen, and helping emerging and fast growing companies like us stand out in a crowded, rapidly growing early market like Quantum Computing and Quantum Sensing.
What you’ll be doing:
- Take over and manage Q-CTRL’s Marketing function. Work closely with stakeholders across Product, Sales, Design and Operations to make critical decisions and priority calls
- Manage, support, and lead a diverse team to produce optimal outcomes for both team growth and company objectives
- Manage and engage external providers including agencies, consultants, and freelancers, including contract negotiation and management
- Translate high-level strategies into actionable, ambitious, yet attainable plans. Develop, plan, and manage an -annual Marketing activity budget
- Analyze and continuously improve campaign performance in order to meet strategic business objectives. Provide input into developing and implementing promotional, lead generation, and lead nurturing programs
- Partner with Sales and Product teams in aligning roadmaps, conducting market research and implementing new strategies based on findings.
Your qualifications and behavioral attributes:
- 5+ years of work experience as a Marketing Lead or in another senior role in Marketing with specific experience managing the key functions: Product Marketing, Brand Marketing; Digital Marketing, promotions, and social media; and Events/PR)
- A background in deep tech/HPC or related high tech software with exposure to both B2B and B2C markets. Must have high growth startup experience. A technical/ engineering background would be useful
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful Marketing campaigns. Solid knowledge of SEO, web analytics, and digital marketing best practices
Mindset and approach
- You ‘own’ marketing and are responsible for its success and failure, and lead by example.Tenacious focus on results to pursue and convert leads, accelerate sales cycles, and expand and strengthen our brand presence
- Strategic, asks hard questions with the ability to make difficult decisions, and be able to provide critical input and feedback
- Strong management and interpersonal capability, enabling you to mentor, motivate and inspire a team, delegate effectively, and manage team performance
- Exhibit a strong sense of urgency in establishing and executing upon priorities
- Outcome-focused: Marketing exists to drive sales - the Marketing Lead has to be able to guide the department with that in mind.
- Empathetic: Successful marketing involves putting yourself in the shoes of the customer. Great Marketing leads can understand the needs of a wide variety of personas.
- Cheerleader: The Marketing Lead has to be not just a brand champion but the brand champion. Their ability to communicate what makes a company's product or service great is a big part of what shapes the Marketing strategies associated with those products or services.
- Data-driven: Marketing Leads need to understand enough about Marketing analytics to leverage whatever data is available for reporting and strategic planning.
The base salary for this full-time position ranges from $159,500 - $275,000 USD. This range reflects both the minimum and maximum annual target salary which is based on a number of factors such as experience, job related-skills, education and work location.
Please note, the base salary range provided does not include additional benefits, bonuses, employee stock options or any other forms of compensation which may be offered dependent on position level.
Flexibility: We embrace flexibility and remote work so you worry more about your global impact vs a rigid work schedule
Attractive salary: You’ll get to live the start-up life without start-up wages
Equity: We want people to have a sense of ownership in what they do and offer the potential for equity share and annual bonuses
Resources: We are well funded by the world’s best technology investors, letting us chase our ambitions with minimal constraints
Parental support: We offer paid parental leave to support you and your loved ones!
Diversity: We’re an equal employment opportunity employer. We value diversity, inclusion and providing equal opportunities to all, actively supporting initiatives like the ‘Global Women in Quantum’ program among others
Unique culture: You’ll be surrounded by some of the world’s leading physicists, engineers, product, marketing and design people (to name a few!) with a strong desire to learn and transfer knowledge
Meaningful values: You’ll work with an incredibly supportive team who work consistently to deliver our core values to be real, be trusted, be just and to be revered
Personal development: We provide you with a personal development and wellness budget
Impactful work: Last but not least! You’ll have the opportunity to work in the world’s leading field of technology and truly make an impact that matters!
Please note: Q-CTRL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to being inclusive in the way we hire. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements mentioned in the job posting.
To recruitment agencies, we do not accept unsolicited branded profiles and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.