Senior Quantum Control Engineer - Quantum Sensing
Sydney, NSW /
Full-Time / Permanent
Quantum technology is likely to be as transformational in the 21st century as harnessing electricity was in the 19th. Quantum computing in particular promises to completely disrupt the way we process information - transforming previously uncomputable problems into manageable ones.
If you build or use quantum hardware, Q-CTRL provides the critical enabling software and professional services to help you achieve maximum performance. We empower our customers to realise the true potential of quantum tech, combining modern product design and engineering with state-of-the-art quantum control engineering techniques. Our ambition is to be the trusted provider of quantum control solutions across all applications of quantum tech.
We’re a venture-capital backed company with Tier-1 investors including Sequoia Capital, DCVC, Sierra Ventures, and InQTel. Q-CTRL operates offices in the US and Australia, but is currently supporting remote work within these jurisdictions due to COVID19.
We are seeking a senior quantum control engineer with experience in quantum sensing. Specific areas of interest include optical and atomic magnetometry, atomic Gravimetry, and inertial navigation. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in sensor operation, automation, and data fusion. An understanding of dominant performance limits in fieldable systems is desirable.
You will join a growing team focused on quantum sensing for defense and aerospace. Our projects will leverage the deep expertise of the Q-CTRL quantum control engineers and will involve collaboration with hardware development teams.
What you will do:
- Develop and analyse device designs, operational mechanisms,and control solutions for quantum sensors based on cutting edge hardware (including atomic interferometers and magnetometers)
- Interact with hardware partners for the integration of control techniques for sensor operation and data fusion
- Analyze sensor performance in realistic environments and apply optimization and machine learning techniques for both performance enhancement
- Develop publicly available and high quality software using Python
- Collaborate with your colleagues in the Quantum Control Engineering and Software Engineering teams
- Explain and document sophisticated control solutions in accessible language
- Consult with the Lead Quantum Control Engineer, stakeholders and the broader team on decisions for all new products and features
- Interact with customers as needed to deliver solutions which help them achieve their goals
We would love to hear from you if...
- You have a PhD in Physics, Engineering or a closely related discipline.
- You have experience with the design, analysis, and operation of atomic sensors.
- You have experience in sensor operation, automation and data fusion.
- You have an understanding of dominant performance limits in fieldable systems (desirable)
At Q-CTRL, you can make a difference from day one - you won't be just a cog in the machine. You will work in a fascinating industry where you get to be a part of the 21st century’s most disruptive technology transformation.
You'll get to live the startup life without the startup wages: we offer competitive salaries and potential equity options. We also embrace flexible work hours - worry about your global impact, not a rigid work schedule.
If you fit the above and you are as excited as we are about building the quantum future, let's talk!
Please note that to be considered, applicants must be authorised to legally work and live in Australia.
To recruitment agencies, we do not accept unsolicited branded profiles and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.