Senior Quantum Control Engineer - Expression of Interest
Sydney, NSW /
Full-Time / Permanent
Quantum technology is likely to be as transformational in the 21st century as harnessing electricity was in the 19th. Quantum computing in particular promises to completely disrupt the way we process information - transforming previously uncomputable problems into manageable ones.
If you build or use quantum hardware, Q-CTRL provides the critical enabling software and professional services to help you achieve maximum performance. We empower our customers to realise the true potential of quantum tech, combining modern product design and engineering with state-of-the-art quantum control engineering techniques. Our ambition is to be the trusted provider of quantum control solutions across all applications of quantum tech.
We’re a venture-capital backed company with Tier-1 investors including Sequoia Capital, DCVC, Sierra Ventures, and InQTel. Q-CTRL operates offices in the US and Australia, but is currently supporting remote work within these jurisdictions due to COVID19.
About the role
As a Senior Quantum Control Engineer, you’ll be responsible for developing control solutions for quantum technologies and deploying them in the Q-CTRL product suite.
What you will do
- Develop control solutions for quantum technologies and deploy them in the Q-CTRL product suite - including research, demonstrations, software development, testing, performance, reliability and documentation
- Focus on the creation of control solutions for quantum computers realised in various technologies, including superconducting circuits
- Apply optimisation and machine learning techniques for both performance enhancement and analysis
- Develop publicly available and high quality software using Python
- Collaborate with your colleagues in the Quantum Control Engineering and Software Engineering teams
- Explain and document sophisticated control solutions in accessible language
- Consult with the Lead Quantum Control Engineer, stakeholders and the broader team on decisions for all new products and features
- Interact with customers as needed to deliver solutions which help them achieve their goals
We would love to hear from you if...
- You have a PhD in Physics, Engineering or a closely related discipline.
- You have skills and experience with the following: Superconducting Circuits, Quantum Control, Optimal Control, Machine Learning and Python.
At Q-CTRL, you can make a difference from day one - you won't be just a cog in the machine. You will work in a fascinating industry where you get to be a part of the 21st century’s most disruptive technology transformation.
You'll get to live the startup life without the startup wages: we offer competitive salaries and potential equity options. We also embrace flexible work hours - worry about your global impact, not a rigid work schedule. We are looking for people as excited as we are about building the quantum future. Join us!
To be considered, all applicants must have full work rights in the work location they have applied for.
To recruitment agencies, we do not accept unsolicited branded profiles and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.