Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Los Angeles, CA /
Full-Time / Permanent
Quantum technology is likely to be as transformational in the 21st century as harnessing electricity was in the 19th. Quantum computing in particular promises to completely disrupt the way we process information - transforming previously uncomputable problems into manageable ones.
If you build or use quantum hardware, Q-CTRL provides the critical enabling software and professional services to help you achieve maximum performance. We empower our customers to realise the true potential of quantum tech, combining modern product design and engineering with state-of-the-art quantum control engineering techniques. Our ambition is to be the trusted provider of quantum control solutions across all applications of quantum tech.
We’re a venture-capital backed company with Tier-1 investors including Sequoia Capital, DCVC, Sierra Ventures, and InQTel. Q-CTRL operates offices in the US and Australia, but is currently supporting remote work within these jurisdictions due to COVID19.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of US, the Senior Machine Learning Engineer will perform research on the application of novel machine learning techniques to solve challenging control and characterization problems facing quantum technologies, with an emphasis on quantum computing. They will also develop production ready code that solves machine learning challenges applied to quantum technologies - reliably, automatically and at scale.
What you will do:
- Develop machine learning applications for quantum control.
- Decide on the best machine learning techniques to solve problems facing potential customers.
- Develop high performance C++ software for embedded and server-side deployment.
- Contribute to the research and development of novel machine learning techniques.
- Collaborate closely with Lead Quantum Engineers and consult on potential new opportunities that machine learning techniques can offer the company and product.
- Communicate how the machine learning techniques work and explain their value to customers and partners. This communication will be through face to face meetings, documentation and publications.
We would love to hear from you if...
- You have extensively used techniques from supervised and reinforcement learning to solve real world problems - including experience on using critical analysis to evaluate the accuracy and performance of techniques applied compared to the current state of the art.
- You have experience using Python, C++ (this is essential), tf-lite, caffe2, cuDNN, CUDA.
- You have extensively used python packages for machine learning, including scikit-learn and Tensorflow.
- You have experience with model compression and compilation techniques in deep learning.
- You have deployed deep learning / reinforcement learning on one or more of: robotics, IoT, edge computing, embedded systems.
- You have excellent communication skills including the ability to write documentation, review code, write publications and present to stakeholders.A strong interest in quantum technologies and its latest development in the field.
- You are passionate about quantum technologies and its latest development in the field.
It would be amazing if you have the below, but not essential :
- Experience using Rust
- Experience with ML based control on devices
- Experience using machine learning techniques to quantum technologies.
- A Ph.D in a relevant field (Physics, Engineering or a closely related discipline)
At Q-CTRL, you can make a difference from day one - you won't be just a cog in the machine. You will work in a fascinating industry where you get to be a part of the 21st century’s most disruptive technology transformation.
You will get to live the startup life without the startup wages: we offer competitive salaries , potential equity options and additional benefits such as platinum health coverage, 401k matching, individual learning and development budget and 4 weeks of annual PTO . We also embrace flexible work hours - you can worry about your global impact, not a rigid work schedule.
If you fit the above and you are as excited as we are about building the quantum future, let's talk!
Please note that to be considered, all applicants must be allowed to legally work in the United States of America. To recruitment agencies, we do not accept unsolicited branded profiles and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.