Senior Software Engineer (Back-end)
Sydney, NSW /
Full-Time / Permanent
We hold the key to making quantum useful! Q-CTRL is a company with a deep start-up spirit with offices in Sydney, Los Angeles and Berlin. Our goal is to revolutionise the way quantum technology is used by delivering transformational, real-life outcomes for the world’s most innovative and impactful industry. Simply put, we make quantum technology useful.
We’re led by our values; to be real, be trusted, be just and to be revered. They guide us in everything we do, how we work together and how we shape the future of the quantum field. To help us do that, we’ve brought together an inspiring team of world leading physicists, engineers, product and design specialists (to name a few!). So whether you’re a quantum expert or simply unsure where you fit into a business like ours, we want to hear from you!
About the team
The back-end engineering team works closely with our Quantum Control Engineering, Front-end Engineering, DevOps Engineering, Product, Marketing and Design teams. Collaboration is extremely important to us and these multiple touch points help us advocate a culture and practice of quality and continuous improvement throughout the business. This is a great opportunity to make a real impact whilst contributing to backend engineering best practices, delivery software that is elegant, efficient, secure, tested and documented.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop, test and document Q-CTRL’s APIs, associated Microservices and client packages as part of delivering product features
- Work closely across all teams to fully understand requirements for new product features, in particular as defined by the Product team and expressed as scenarios using Gherkin Syntax (Given, When, Then)
- Review and address code and comments submitted by the team via pull requests
- Stay up-to-date with current best-practices in your field with a willingness to share knowledge freely
Ideally you'll have:
- Experience with Python Web Frameworks (Django, Flask, FastAPI), Microservices, RESTful Web Services or GraphQL is preferable however, others will also be considered
- Alternatively, you may have experience in Ruby on Rails, Node.js, etc
- Our core values resonate with you (to be real, trusted, just and revered) and you have a willingness to adapt, collaborate and help others
- We’re a successful start-up company which means we move quickly, but with thought and empathy. Understanding how to operate within these parameters is extremely important
- Start-up environment experience would be preferable but not a necessity
- Ideally you will have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- Flexibility: We embrace hybrid and remote work so you can focus more on your global impact rather than rigid work schedules
- Parental support: Family comes first. We offer paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Diversity: As an equal employment opportunity employer, we value diversity, inclusion and providing equal opportunities to all. We do this by actively supporting community initiatives around the world promoting diversity and including in STEM among others
- Competitive remuneration: Enjoy the start-up life without start-up wages
- Equity: We offer the potential for equity share and annual bonuses so you have a sense of ownership in what you do
- Well funded: We closed our Series B in November 2021
- Unique culture: You’ll be surrounded by leading physicists, engineers, product, marketing and design teams globally with a strong desire to learn and transfer knowledge
- Our values: You’ll work alongside our incredibly supportive team that works consistently to deliver our core values to be real, be trusted, be just and to be revered
- Personal development: We provide you with a generous personal development and wellness budget
- Meaningful work: Last but not least, you’ll have the opportunity to work in one of the world’s leading deep technology companies and truly make an impact that matters!
Please note: Q-CTRL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to being inclusive in the way we hire. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements mentioned in the job posting.
To recruitment agencies, we do not accept unsolicited branded profiles and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.