Senior Software Engineer, Quantum Control
Sydney, NSW /
Full-Time / Permanent
We hold the key to making quantum useful! Q-CTRL is a company with a deep start-up spirit with offices in Sydney, Los Angeles and Berlin. Our goal is to revolutionise the way quantum technology is used by delivering transformational, real-life outcomes for the world’s most innovative and impactful industry. Simply put, we make quantum technology useful.
We’re led by our values; to be real, be trusted, be just and to be revered. They guide us in everything we do, how we work together and how we shape the future of the quantum field. To help us do that, we’ve brought together an inspiring team of world leading physicists, engineers, product and design specialists (to name a few!). So whether you’re a quantum expert or simply unsure where you fit into a business like ours, we want to hear from you!
What you'll be doing:
- Developing efficient and reliable numerical code that solves challenges facing real quantum computers.
- Designing new features for the Boulder Opal quantum control software.
- Implementing new control, simulation, and calibration techniques developed through research for improving performance in Boulder Opal.
- Explaining and documenting sophisticated control solutions in accessible language.
- Mentoring other developers and autonomously addressing high priority work.
- Reviewing code and addressing comments submitted by the team via pull requests.
Ideally you'll have:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in software engineering, physics, computer science, or related field.
- 4+ years of numerical programming experience with Python (preferred), C, or C++.
- 1+ years of experience with high performance computing (HPC).
It would be fantastic if you have these skills/backgrounds but not essential:
- A Ph.D. in software engineering, physics, computer science, or related field.
- Experience with TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Experience with optimizing the performance of software in clusters that have GPUs.
- Experience in numerical software development for the simulation or optimization of quantum systems.
- Experience in machine learning and neural networks.
- Flexibility: We embrace hybrid and remote work so you can focus more on your global impact rather than rigid work schedules
- Parental support: Family comes first. We offer paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Diversity: As an equal employment opportunity employer, we value diversity, inclusion and providing equal opportunities to all. We do this by actively supporting community initiatives around the world promoting diversity and including in STEM among others
- Competitive remuneration: Enjoy the start-up life without start-up wages
- Equity: We offer the potential for equity share and annual bonuses so you have a sense of ownership in what you do
- Well funded: We closed our Series B in November 2021
- Unique culture: You’ll be surrounded by leading physicists, engineers, product, marketing and design teams globally with a strong desire to learn and transfer knowledge
- Our values: You’ll work alongside our incredibly supportive team that works consistently to deliver our core values to be real, be trusted, be just and to be revered
- Personal development: We provide you with a generous personal development and wellness budget
- Meaningful work: Last but not least, you’ll have the opportunity to work in one of the world’s leading deep technology companies and truly make an impact that matters!
Please note: Q-CTRL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to being inclusive in the way we hire. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements mentioned in the job posting.
To recruitment agencies, we do not accept unsolicited branded profiles and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.